Used 2013 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

You get what you see
By Jeef L

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have the 10th anniversary Rubicon and I love it. If you're looking for a great jeep, this is it! If you're looking for a comfortable SUV, move on. This is a rugged, mountain climber and it rocks with the lid off.
You get what you see

Problems Overblown
By frank

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

To the consumer report devotees, the Wrangler is a really great vehicle. I've wanted one forever( and considering I'm on S.S., it is) and glad I bought a 2013 Unlimited Sport in 2012.
It has given me 25,000 trouble free miles. Not a single rattle ! Maybe because it's stock or because I don't beat on it like a juvenile - this is a very liveable day in and day out vehicle. Have driven it 400 miles in one day without fatigue and it handles just fine. The only times things get a bit rough are when the road traveled has frost heaves ,dips, etc. My 1991 Jimmy 4x4 road worse .
I could use a bit more room( gave up a 12 year Odyssey for this), but no regrets. And, along with the great resale value , I'm driving a vehicle that always looks current ( with other Wranglers). When I decide to drop the top, it requires several minutes, but no biggie. Cool. Many friendly waves from other Wrangler drivers. The last time that happened is when I drove a Vette back in the 70s.
The only improvement I'd like to see on the restyled 2018 is a hatch glass for the softtop . The aftermarket has already done this, but my top is like new .

Great Fun!
By Jason

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport RHD 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2013 Jeep JKU new and currently have 40000 on the clock. Only a couple of warranty issues, other than that the Jeeps been outstanding. This is a fun vehicle to drive. We take it everywhere and leave the Honda Acccord in the garage. I look forward to climbing into to it every morning.

Bottom line, if you want a fun vehicle that can tackle the tough stuff and still look buttoned down for a night out or at the office, get one!

Looks great! Troubles great!
By Pam Cox

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I bought right hand drive for post office. Ordered it. Loved the looks, loved the drive but it wasn't a month old when I had to replace all the 4 ply tires due to flats!!! Who puts 4 ply tires on this type of vehicle... Then all was great for first 25,000. Miles. My engine light came on, then airbag light came on. I have replaced brake pads 3 times at this point. Take it to dealership get the light issue fixed, I thought... Then something in steer wheel goes wrong, meanwhile engine light is back on.
When all is said and done, I'm up to 40,000. Miles now with same issues. Seems this model jeep has electrical problems. I know about 5 different people with jeeps that are having same issues.
Mine ended costing 2000.00. Because right hand drive does not get bumper to bumper warranty.
I just want to say to jeep reps, you need to have a recall on this electrical problem. Been to many complaints on that alone. Dealerships know this but try to give every excuse in the world.
Yes my jeep still looks great and I still like it but not sure I'd ever buy another.....I have a co worker that just bought 2015, she's having same electrical problems.

So far so good
By Aaron K

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Great vehicle so far. Closing in on 50K miles and the original tires still look pretty good, 17" all terrain. No problems whatsoever. The last new Wrangler we had before this one developed front suspension troubles around this time but I am not seeing anything like that with this one. The black paint on the plastic roof top scratches easily is about the only nit I can pick. Would be nice to have some standard cradle or something you can attach the tops to in the storage area. Mileage is not the greatest. My crew cab Silverado 4x4 5.3 liter gets almost the same; 16-21 mpg in mixed driving. Still, I Love this Jeep!