2013 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
From Sales to Support Dodge Chrysler Jeep NIghtmare
By zamarrda on 09/01/14 09:51 AM (PDT)

2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Bought a new 2013 Wrangler. Was very excited. Loved Jeeps, not anymore. Electronic Stability Control went out on me 3 times("and fixed") on the freeway. Went into Limp mode(kills the engine) and was almost run over by a Big Rig. Chrysler willing to do nothing. Had to get a lawyer and lemon law it. Worst company and service EVER. Jeep are iconic and I know thay are appealing BUT they are not run by the same people anymore AND the service is on par with cable companies. Be very careful. ruined my summer and almost killed my family.

a timeless classic
By britqueen on 05/18/14 09:07 AM (PDT)

2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned this car for a year without any problems and it's been a fun to drive. I wish it had keyless start and the upgraded infotainment system they put in the new Jeep Grand Cherokees. Otherwise, I love the off road capabilities and the after market modifications that can be done. I plan to own this vehicle for many, many years and so far no major problems at all!

family fun
By sonto13 on 05/05/14 06:20 AM (PDT)

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Jeep, overall I am very impressed. I have wanted a Jeep for awhile. I wanted something that was capable and practical for everyday life as well. This is a timeless vehicle that stands out in the parking lot or trailhead. With two young kids and all there stuff and mine, the unlimited was the way too go. A little tough for them to get in on their own right now, but this thing goes almost anywhere. Which is what I love the most about my Jeep. Especially living in the northeast lake effect snow belt. The unlimited has good storage in the rear. The alpine stereo and uconnect is a great feature.

2013 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
By jeepola1 on 05/02/14 12:48 PM (PDT)

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I've had our Wrangler approximately a year and a half. For the record - I'm a Jeep NUT. I still have the first Jeep I ever bought new: A 86 CJ-7 Laredo. The wife and I have always had jeeps in our 25 years of marriage. Mainly Cherokees and Grand Cherokees. Reliability was always decent, except for the disc brakes, which always suffered from warped rotors. The new Wrangler was our first venture into "regular" jeeps since my '86 purchase. In a nutshell - I LOVE it. Power and handling are spot-on. It's comfortable, hard top removal and install is a cinch, and it's a blast to drive. Long term reliability remains to be seen of course (especially with the Pentestar) but for now I am sold.

New JK Kicks [non-permissible content removed]
By rogerdl05 on 04/22/14 15:48 PM (PDT)

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned other Jeep Wranglers and this one by far has been the best! The new Pentanstar engine makes it, I have put on 33"s with a 2 inch lift and it still feels spunky when the engine decides to kick in. This vehicle is great but it is has a few things that drive me crazy.

Love it
By brownjeep on 01/07/14 08:11 AM (PST)

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport RHD 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Always thought a Jeep would be a cool - but was concerned about reliability. With the new V6 and other improvements I decided now was the time. Best decision ever! I love driving this Jeep and off roading in the mountains and desert of So Cal is great. I get 17-18 city and as much as 23 mpg highway if I keep it at 65. No problems or concerns to date. Currently at 6K miles.

6 months. No problems. Fun to drive.
By rocket1992 on 10/01/13 11:54 AM (PDT)

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

It's been 6 months and about 6,000 miles and I could not be happier. During the summer with the top off it was great and very fun to drive. I've not had any problems (mechanical or otherwise) and have only paid for a couple oil changes. The little touches are nice especially in the interior: little Jeep logos, lights for the cup holders, etc. Gas mileage has been right on the mark at 17.3mpg for mostly city driving. I do wish that it came with a coin holder, but aside from this it's been a fantastic vehicle. Can't wait for the Michigan snow to fly!

I'm in LOVE!!!
By donnaviolin on 09/10/13 03:23 AM (PDT)

2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have wanted a Jeep Wrangler since I was 5(I am 34 now). When I bought my Honda CRV in 2010, I wanted the Jeep and everyone told me it was impractical, and I listened....but I am glad I waited until 2013, because I love the changes and I had a decent trade in with the CRV. I have a Rock Lobster color Sport with 6 speed manual and soft top. Even though I am in this Jeep for over 2 hours every day, I still find any excuse to go out and drive in it. I know, now, that I will never drive anything but a Wrangler!! And, if anyone is looking in the Northern VA area...go to Lustine Jeep in Woodbridge!!! My salesman, James, was a Jeep owner and entusiast....and he Was amazing!!!

Enjoying my Jeep
By rmjarrell on 08/04/13 13:45 PM (PDT)

2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

After looking at Jeep Rubicons for months Lustine had what I was looking for and my sales guy Ike e. Lemuwa worked to give me an incredible deal I couldn't get anywhere else. I am extremely happy with my purchase and HIGHLY RECOMMEND LUSTINE JEEP and Ike. This was my second Jeep purchase from Lustine. I moved to Fredericksburg several years ago and didn't think about driving up to Woodbridge looking for a Jeep until I looked at their website, called them up and made the trip. Well worth the drive, AWESOME dealership. You won't be disappointed.

Perfect 4x4 for me
By mark2169 on 07/09/13 11:24 AM (PDT)

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Wrangler, and it is everything I wanted and expected it to be. I put off buying a Wrangler for decades because others told me it would be impractical and I regret having done so as I now have the vehicle I feel that fits who I am. One who buys a Wrangler isn’t someone who cares about luxury features, speed or slalom figures on the racetrack, or smoothness. They get a Wrangler because they want a JEEP. This is one of the most capable off road vehicles out there, and it works well on the road also as a daily driver.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Jeep Wrangler in VA is:

$130 per month*