2013 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
a timeless classic
By britqueen on 05/18/14 09:07 AM (PDT)

2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned this car for a year without any problems and it's been a fun to drive. I wish it had keyless start and the upgraded infotainment system they put in the new Jeep Grand Cherokees. Otherwise, I love the off road capabilities and the after market modifications that can be done. I plan to own this vehicle for many, many years and so far no major problems at all!

family fun
By sonto13 on 05/05/14 06:20 AM (PDT)

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Jeep, overall I am very impressed. I have wanted a Jeep for awhile. I wanted something that was capable and practical for everyday life as well. This is a timeless vehicle that stands out in the parking lot or trailhead. With two young kids and all there stuff and mine, the unlimited was the way too go. A little tough for them to get in on their own right now, but this thing goes almost anywhere. Which is what I love the most about my Jeep. Especially living in the northeast lake effect snow belt. The unlimited has good storage in the rear. The alpine stereo and uconnect is a great feature.

2013 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
By jeepola1 on 05/02/14 12:48 PM (PDT)

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I've had our Wrangler approximately a year and a half. For the record - I'm a Jeep NUT. I still have the first Jeep I ever bought new: A 86 CJ-7 Laredo. The wife and I have always had jeeps in our 25 years of marriage. Mainly Cherokees and Grand Cherokees. Reliability was always decent, except for the disc brakes, which always suffered from warped rotors. The new Wrangler was our first venture into "regular" jeeps since my '86 purchase. In a nutshell - I LOVE it. Power and handling are spot-on. It's comfortable, hard top removal and install is a cinch, and it's a blast to drive. Long term reliability remains to be seen of course (especially with the Pentestar) but for now I am sold.

New JK Kicks [non-permissible content removed]
By rogerdl05 on 04/22/14 15:48 PM (PDT)

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned other Jeep Wranglers and this one by far has been the best! The new Pentanstar engine makes it, I have put on 33"s with a 2 inch lift and it still feels spunky when the engine decides to kick in. This vehicle is great but it is has a few things that drive me crazy.

Love it
By brownjeep on 01/07/14 08:11 AM (PST)

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport RHD 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Always thought a Jeep would be a cool - but was concerned about reliability. With the new V6 and other improvements I decided now was the time. Best decision ever! I love driving this Jeep and off roading in the mountains and desert of So Cal is great. I get 17-18 city and as much as 23 mpg highway if I keep it at 65. No problems or concerns to date. Currently at 6K miles.

6 months. No problems. Fun to drive.
By rocket1992 on 10/01/13 11:54 AM (PDT)

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

It's been 6 months and about 6,000 miles and I could not be happier. During the summer with the top off it was great and very fun to drive. I've not had any problems (mechanical or otherwise) and have only paid for a couple oil changes. The little touches are nice especially in the interior: little Jeep logos, lights for the cup holders, etc. Gas mileage has been right on the mark at 17.3mpg for mostly city driving. I do wish that it came with a coin holder, but aside from this it's been a fantastic vehicle. Can't wait for the Michigan snow to fly!

I'm in LOVE!!!
By donnaviolin on 09/10/13 03:23 AM (PDT)

2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have wanted a Jeep Wrangler since I was 5(I am 34 now). When I bought my Honda CRV in 2010, I wanted the Jeep and everyone told me it was impractical, and I listened....but I am glad I waited until 2013, because I love the changes and I had a decent trade in with the CRV. I have a Rock Lobster color Sport with 6 speed manual and soft top. Even though I am in this Jeep for over 2 hours every day, I still find any excuse to go out and drive in it. I know, now, that I will never drive anything but a Wrangler!! And, if anyone is looking in the Northern VA area...go to Lustine Jeep in Woodbridge!!! My salesman, James, was a Jeep owner and entusiast....and he Was amazing!!!

Perfect 4x4 for me
By mark2169 on 07/09/13 11:24 AM (PDT)

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Wrangler, and it is everything I wanted and expected it to be. I put off buying a Wrangler for decades because others told me it would be impractical and I regret having done so as I now have the vehicle I feel that fits who I am. One who buys a Wrangler isn’t someone who cares about luxury features, speed or slalom figures on the racetrack, or smoothness. They get a Wrangler because they want a JEEP. This is one of the most capable off road vehicles out there, and it works well on the road also as a daily driver.

Love it so far
By bburgin on 07/09/13 07:26 AM (PDT)

2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I've always wanted a jeep. I lived in Southern California for 30 years and always had a motorcycle and convertible SL 500. I wished I would of bought the jeep back then and I would of killed to birds with one stone. I love how easy it is to take the top and doors off the way it drives on the freeway.....just a bit loud from the wind....but it's a Jeep. I probably found the make and model of the car I will drive for the rest of my life.

9th Wrangler and counting
By drdanobgyn on 06/21/13 16:37 PM (PDT)

2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Just got my 2013 Wrangler 4 days ago. Had a 2012 and it seems like a huge difference. Drove it to Wright Patterson and back this morning. All expressway and got 27.7 mpg. That's 65 almost all the way. Driving 55 is better yet. Love the new seats. Much more cushioning. Got the Alpine stereo and it's awesome. Plenty of room for me and the dog. Took the back seat out, so my next date has to ride in the back since the dog has the front.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Jeep Wrangler in VA is:

$130 per month*