2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)
I custom ordered a 2012 Black Jeep Wrangler Sahara
(6-Speed), and finally took delivery 2 weeks ago. This thing is awesome! I've owned a 1998 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, and this one is substantially better in every way. Build quality feels strong and as if it will last a very long time.
A few things...
1) Don't buy a Jeep Wrangler without test driving and loving everything about it. If you have a big smile on your face each time, you are good to go.
2) There is at least $4,000 or so in markup, so do your shopping research and negotiate. Mine stickered at $32,500, got it for $27,800.
3) So far in city driving I'm getting about 320 miles per tank.
4) Custom ordering took 7 weeks.
Love the upgraded interior, new Penstar (?) engine, transmission is very tight, gas mileage is better than my previous Wrangler, and overall how very solidly built everything feels.
1. I'd continue to work on fuel efficiency.
2. Install the Aux input somewhere in the middle console. Having a wire hang from the dash is a little silly.
3. Wranglers are still very easy for thieves and idiots to mess with. I'd add a hood release latch so that you can't just flip the hood snaps and have access to everything. Also, a locking / or switch released fuel door.
With all the advancements that have been made with regards to crash protection, why would anyone buy a vehicle that is so deficient in side protection for its occupants? If you want a serious off-roader, get an FJ or Xterra.
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.