Nice But Little Things Add Up
By chesshorse on
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)
I bought the top of the line Sahara with every option available thinking all will be great. Within literally 100 miles the engine started knocking, the driver seat squeaks so bad, the A/C is luke warm, the driver side windshield visor pops off, the painted hard top has haze marks all over it, the windshield makes a whistling noise, driver seat seatbelt area rubs and makes a load noise, and the driver side seat adjuster is making a rub mark on the leather to list a few! Now it has 3,500 miles and I still am trying to make an appointment to get it looked at. I have canceled many appointments because of my work schedule and the service department have limited hours! I am defiantly disappointed!
Favorite Features
My previous car: Mercedes CLK 500 Convertible.
Suggested Improvements
Improve the quality and customer service! Jeep Dealers are not willing to provide me with a shuttle to my home or work because there are limited dealers around and are too far to provide a ride. Nor will they provide a courtesy rental car even with all the problems I am having! Horrible customer service!
By chesshorse
on 06/29/12 17:28 PM (PDT)

Update: Under 4,000 miles and needed a new alternator, throttle pulley, new seat cover, and missing insulation across windshield. Engine still sounds funny. Plus dealer put a huge dent in the hood that was too bad for repair so I needed a new hood! Two friends of mine have the same Wrangler and no problems...guess I just got the lemon!

By billf21
on 07/04/12 17:06 PM (PDT)

I hate to admit it because I LOVE Wranglers. I have owned 9 of them. But yours and mine must have been built side by side on the assembly line. I have all the same problems plus more. I had only had mine a few weeks and the trans line had a hole rubbed in it and I lost all the fluid, Had to leave it sitting at the dealer 9 days waiting for a back ordered line. My engine now and for the last 3 or 4,000 miles knocks really bad when going up hills, it's so loud it's scary. Hopefully they can figure it out. I would like to know how yours is currently and how many miles you have.

By billf21
on 07/04/12 17:09 PM (PDT)

Oh yeah, Mine is also a Loaded up Sahara....brother and sister sounds like ;-)

By billf21
on 07/05/12 05:36 AM (PDT)

Have you called Jeep? You should call 877-426-5337 and file a complaint and give them all the details. They seem to think I am the only one having these problems but I have heard of many.

By chesshorse
on 07/11/12 18:50 PM (PDT)

Sorry to hear you have similar problems. I now have 5,000 miles on it and the engine still knocks! My knock is not that loud but I live in an area that is very flat. I hate driving down the road and wondering if people are looking at me because they like the nice black jeep coming down the road or because they think it sounds like junk! I have called Jeep but only to report the horrible customer service that I had to deal with. I am going to bring it back to another dealer to see if the problems can be resolved. If not I will call Jeep to let them know and look into the lemon laws in my state. Good luck!