My first 1100 miles
By albert993 on
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport RHD 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
Living in S. Texas, I took delivery of my 2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited out of a dealership in Roswell, just North of Atlanta, GA during the Labor Day weekend. I was planning on a leisurely trip back through New Orleans but Tropical Storm Lee changed all that. I skirted the storm as close as Baton Rouge and encountered very heavy rain and high winds but my new Jeep took it like a trooper. Between Baton Rough and Lafayette, I even encountered some minor flooding that backed up traffic for over a mile but my trusty new Jeep forded the rising water like a champ. Once leaving Lake Charles, the rains receded and it was off to Houston. Never did I notice even a drop of water penetrate the interior
Favorite Features
I have owned five Jeeps and this one by far is my favorite. It's Pentastar engine with it's 285 HP engine runs effortlessly through it's new for 2012 5 speed transmission. Fuel mileage is extraordinary compared to previous Jeeps that I've owned. The beautiful redesigned leather interior made me forget that I was in a Jeep and the gas shocks soaked up bumps that would have jarred a previous model. Electric side mirrors were nice as well, but I have to give kudos to the wonderful Nav system with it's Sat radio and Travel Link features. I really can't say enough about my new Jeep. Just for reference, my other two cars are Porsches..... (a 911 and a Cayman)
Suggested Improvements
Wow, I don't know about improvements, the rims could stand to be a bit cooler and maybe some rear air-conditioning vents in the Unlimited would be nice. Even better mileage would always be an improvement, maybe a diesel? I'm pretty happy with mine already.... PS My model was a 2012 Sahara Unlimited with the 5 speed auto transmission. The appropriate model was not available in the selection box provided.