2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
CARGASM!!
By 006_si on 12/14/11 14:13 PM (PST)

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This Wrangler is a definite 'keeper'. You don't buy this for your kid, you give him/her your current car and keep this puppy for yourself! Power out the wazoo, peerless offroad credentials, and an interior that could put a Mercedes K-wagen to shame. Plus, you can take the freakin' top off, and the doors, AND THEN drop the windshield! Unbelievable!

Better every year
By vtjeep4 on 11/28/11 16:13 PM (PST)

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 4th Jeep and I love it!! Its comfortable and as always fun to drive. The new engine makes such a big difference. Much quieter than my previous Jeeps.

American Icon Reborn
By johntesh71 on 11/16/11 20:48 PM (PST)

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Ok first off I would like to congratulate Chrysler for finally fixing the Wrangler...and ridding the world of that POS 3.8L V6 it had previously....Although I really wish the 6Speed in this thing didn't sound like it was on its last limb with only 22 miles on the odometer.....Other than that a very pleasant and comfortable ride on or off road.

Fun car but
By strman on 10/27/11 12:40 PM (PDT)

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the 2012 Wrangler Sahara. So far I'm happy with the vehicle but it does have it's quirks. I have the soft top and this rag is a very poor fitting nightmare. You will bust up your hands just to get the back window in place and I'm cursing the designer of this top every time I put it back up. It already has small holes tearing in the top and it is only a month old. The transmission and engine feel great though. I've spent the past 6 years driving a Subaru OutbackXT. The Subaru is a lot smoother and quicker and actually does better on the beach than this new Wrangler. Driving 2000 miles now mileage is around 20 highway and 16.4 around town. There are no skid plates around engine

My first 1100 miles
By albert993 on 10/08/11 09:39 AM (PDT)

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sport RHD 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Living in S. Texas, I took delivery of my 2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited out of a dealership in Roswell, just North of Atlanta, GA during the Labor Day weekend. I was planning on a leisurely trip back through New Orleans but Tropical Storm Lee changed all that. I skirted the storm as close as Baton Rouge and encountered very heavy rain and high winds but my new Jeep took it like a trooper. Between Baton Rough and Lafayette, I even encountered some minor flooding that backed up traffic for over a mile but my trusty new Jeep forded the rising water like a champ. Once leaving Lake Charles, the rains receded and it was off to Houston. Never did I notice even a drop of water penetrate the interior

2012 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited Auto
By tj65 on 09/09/11 09:57 AM (PDT)

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I took delivery of my new 2012 4 door Sahara Automatic about 3 weeks ago. I have about 1000 miles on it and the vehicle is fantastic. Jeep has really done a great job with this car. It is quiet, smooth riding and responsive. The new 6 cyl is the best thing Jeep could have done for this vehicle. I have had 2 jeeps previously ('98 and '07) and this one is by far the best put together Wrangler. My mileage is about what the sticker says----16 city and 20 mpg on the highway. My advice to anyone who reads this review is test drive the vehicle youself. Most of the reviews by the so called experts give the Wrangler a BAD rap. Try it yourself and ignore the so called experts!!!

2012 Unlimited Sahara with 5spd automatic
By tlucyk on 09/04/11 16:18 PM (PDT)

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Drove from Williston, ND to Jackson Hole WY so terrain was a combination of flats, hills and mountainous. On the flats, the Jeep had no problem holding the speed limit using the cruise control. In the hills and mountainous areas, it down shifted 1 or 2 gears to maintain the speed limit. Our best fuel economy was 24.3 MPG (no wind, no A/C, highway speed limit less than 60 MPH); our worst fuel economy was 17.7 MPG (10 MPH head wind, A/C running, highway speed limit 75 MPH). 95% of the mileage was highway. Fuel mileage was hand calculated (miles driven divided by gallons to fill), not based on vehicle computer.

Fun to drive, nothing like it
By raiders2 on 08/29/11 17:40 PM (PDT)

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Been driving since August 11 and this is not only the best wrangler yet, it is best in class. This Jeep is great for daily driving and of course keeps the best in class out of the box off road capability even with the sport version. The new Pentastar V6 improves performance and mpg. Hard to rate reliability after 3 weeks but since it is required, gave it a 5.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Suv in VA is:

$139 per month*