Used 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Do Not Buy
By sunlover1

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I ordered my Wrangler Rubicon & waited 6 weeks for my very first Jeep to come in. Within the first 6 months I had a transmission fuel line rub and loose all its fluid. I was accused of *gasp* running it off road. I had NOT driven this vehicle off road, it had only 3000 miles & sat mainly in my garage waiting it's first WV trip. It was bad line placement. Now I have 16k miles and it has been in the shop twice in the last 2 weeks for check engine light. They tell me they need to replace the entire left head and they will have it for several days. On an 18 month old vehicle. That is mainly driven by a women with her dogs to the beach or family trips to our WV mountain retreat, not off road.

I love the electric start but with the check engine light on it does not work. I also like the locking differentials and the fact I can put the vehicle in 4 wheel drive when i need it not the car thinks I need it

Build a Better more Reliable Car

So far so good
By mike95376

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have 3,300 miles on my 2012 Rubicon. I love it. I get 17 mpg no matter how I drive. No more, no less. I don't care since I did not buy it for fuel economy. The new Pentastar V6 has excellent power. I can almost pull wheelies. Having the oil filter on top of the engine is a plus for maintenance. It's cheaper to buy too (no metal can). I am carefully monitoring reliability but so far NO problems.

The BF Goodrich Mud terrain tires are excellent. I see no reason to change them. Road noise is hard to detect.

Not that I would ever get stuck but I would like Jeep to put D rings for towing on their bumpers. 2 in front and 2 in back. The odd hook here and there is bogus.