2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV 3.6L V6 4x4 6-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2012 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

2012 Wrangler Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
awesome
By rvnclaw22

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

i thought that the car had a little comfort issues but it was amazing.

2013 Wrangler Sport
By bomstead

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Finally sold my beloved 97 Wrangler Sport rag top and bought a 2013 Wrangler Sport with the T-Hard Top. My new Wrangler Sport has pretty much all the bells and whistles of a Rubicon, but for $15k less. Notably missing are the electric disconnect on the sway bar and the 4:1 Low range 4WD. Who cares? My Low range 4WD is something besides 4:1. Big deal. Took the back seat out of the last one, probably will with this one too. If you're at all interested in a Jeep, go to any dealer with lots of models and compare features and prices. You can get a loaded Wrangler Sport pretty cheap compared to a base Sahara or Rubicon - if you don't mind fabric seats. Drive one and you'll be hooked.

Favorite Features

Sits high, short turning radius, unbelievable on ice or snow, FUN. Not at all like my wife's Fusion. The center console will hold a 6-pack and ice.

Suggested Improvements

Can't suggest any.

The Last Car
By robertolive

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I call this "the last car" because I will never drive anything else. That said, it is not a "car" as much as a street legal toy. A giant go-cart. The feeling of driving a jeep is incomparable, but certainly not for everyone. In fact, if you even have to debate whether you should; then you probably shouldn't. If you are comfortable, however, with the idea of changing a heavy stubborn top (hard or soft), having little freeway acceleration, and generally driving a giant go-cart; then this is the car for you! You have to be prepared to think of your Jeep as a street-legal toy to really appreciate it. (Also, get the manual transmission or just get yourself a minivan)

Favorite Features

Off-road ability (duh). Convertible top. Reliability. Sense of freedom and adventure every time you drive. It really is an experience.

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of. There again, if you know what you are getting into, then you really can't complain about the downsides of jeep ownership.

2nd JK Owner
By orange06

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

5 months and 5000 miles later, I'm still excited to wake up every morning to drive my Jeep. Traded in a 2010 Unlimited Sport (auto) for the new 2012 Sport (6 speed). Instant upgrade in power and cabin presence. It's a little squirrely at highway speeds compared to the 4 door. If you have kids, the getting in and out of a 2 door is work. I'd think twice if this was your primary vehicle. I'm one leg in, one leg out to belt my 5 year old in, my wife climbs in to do it. Passenger side only. Great price point of $22k for a base sport. Don't let the looks of a Rubicon/Special Edition suck you in. If you aren't going to wheel it regularly, you're wasting 10 grand.

Favorite Features

Doorless & topless in minutes, makes 19 MPG feel good. The 2 door soft top takes practice, highly recommend watching a youtube video. There are secrets (unhooking sail panel to insert/remove rear window, slide rear window on bar to zip, etc). The soft top is easier in the 4 door thanks to the side rails to guide the user. It's tight work on the 2 door. More aftermarket parts available than you would know what to do with. My $22k Jeep looks better than the $39k MW3 edition with the simple addition of $1500 in new wheels/33" tires.

Suggested Improvements

The 2 door soft top can be a challenge, not as smooth as the 4 door. PRACTICE. I know we're in the technical age, but I like to read the owners manual. Don't make it a DVD quicky only. PDF Format won't help me on the side of the road. Those 16" steel wheels are ugly, too small for the Jeep body (planned that?) and very hard to resell.

2012 Wrangler 2Dr Sport, 6 SPD
By jeepin315

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

So far I only have 1,000 miles on the Wrangler so I cannot comment too much on the reliability of the vehicle. I got it in the Orange Crush color. The jeep is a blast to drive with the new Penestar 3.6L engine that it has. With 285hp there is plenty of power to get up and go and having that power just makes the offroading more fun. This is my first Wrangler and my second Jeep product. The top was not to hard to figure out. It is easier if you know someone who has one though and just let them show you how to take apart the soft top. The Jeep handles well and even in the rain without four wheel drive on it seems to handle well. I am 6'4" and 235 lbs and I fit very comfortably in my Jeep.

Favorite Features

I love the sun rider top. its like having a giant sunroof and only takes a minute to fold back. The gas mileage isn't bad at all. I get 19.5mpg and commute on all back roads about 45mph.

Suggested Improvements

A better sound system. The stock one is horrible. Has almost no bass. My stock system in my old Honda Accord is 10 times better. Nothing a few speaker upgrades cant fix though.

Better every year
By vtjeep4

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 4th Jeep and I love it!! Its comfortable and as always fun to drive. The new engine makes such a big difference. Much quieter than my previous Jeeps.

Favorite Features

The new 3.6L engine is definitely the biggest improvement, I only hope it lives up to the life I got out of the 4l straight 6s. The interior is also great and like I said earlier, much quieter, no wind noise on the highway ( I have the 3 pc hardtop). The 6spd trans shifts very smoothly and is quiet especially compared to the NV3550 5 spd I had in my TJ.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe some better heat for the back seat, some bigger standard wheels and tires would be nice too. Other than that I love it and couldnt be happier.

Fun to drive, nothing like it
By raiders2

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Been driving since August 11 and this is not only the best wrangler yet, it is best in class. This Jeep is great for daily driving and of course keeps the best in class out of the box off road capability even with the sport version. The new Pentastar V6 improves performance and mpg. Hard to rate reliability after 3 weeks but since it is required, gave it a 5.

Favorite Features

Can't beat the removable top and doors. Been driving that way since I got it!

Suggested Improvements

Would be nice to have more wheel choices but I guess it allows everyone to customize their own with aftermarket.