2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
not great
By jshhand on 09/03/14 10:08 AM (PDT)

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I ended up selling my wrangler after 3 years. I had numerous issues with the heat. Specifically the heater core,oil cooler and radiator. I had them all replaced under warranty. The heat never did work properly on the vehicle. I did like the look of the jeep. It towed my boat well. I don't know if I trust the 285hp . It always felt under-powered. Unfortunately It was rough on the road, had very little storage and was incredibly slow on the road. I would give this vehicle a honest rating of 3 out of 10. I would not purchase again. although it did have amazing resale.....

Great all-around family car
By derbs24 on 08/03/14 07:49 AM (PDT)

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Bought one of the first 2012 in fall of 2011 for $37K. 3.6 Pentastar was worth waiting for. Have Avg 20mpg over 74,000 miles. Have gotten 24mpg on multiple road trips from WI to FL. Wife drives it daily 50mi roundtrip for work and she still loves it! Not the most comfortable, not the quietest but it is a Wrangler. Freeedom top is awesome, we leave the hard top on and just pop the front 2 panels for sun. Had the cylinder head issue, but dealer fixed no problem, no drama with free rental. Love the looks, love the image (kinda like riding a Harley). Just got some trade numbers and dealer offered us $27,000 to trade on a new Wrangler. Resale second to none.

Nice But Little Things Add Up
By chesshorse on 05/28/12 13:20 PM (PDT)

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the top of the line Sahara with every option available thinking all will be great. Within literally 100 miles the engine started knocking, the driver seat squeaks so bad, the A/C is luke warm, the driver side windshield visor pops off, the painted hard top has haze marks all over it, the windshield makes a whistling noise, driver seat seatbelt area rubs and makes a load noise, and the driver side seat adjuster is making a rub mark on the leather to list a few! Now it has 3,500 miles and I still am trying to make an appointment to get it looked at. I have canceled many appointments because of my work schedule and the service department have limited hours! I am defiantly disappointed!

There is only one!
By sbresnick on 05/17/12 20:53 PM (PDT)

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Looks great, drives fun! Surprisingly smooth ride around town and a blast to drive!

Thought I wanted an FJ, but went for 2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
By gmaster on 12/28/11 05:19 AM (PST)

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Wanted FJ, so I thought I did. Drove FJ, 2011 Wrangler and the 2012 Wrangler. FJ felt cheap. New 2011 Wrangler engine sluggish and auto trans grinded on shifts. 2012 Wrangler WoWed me!

American Icon Reborn
By johntesh71 on 11/16/11 20:48 PM (PST)

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Ok first off I would like to congratulate Chrysler for finally fixing the Wrangler...and ridding the world of that POS 3.8L V6 it had previously....Although I really wish the 6Speed in this thing didn't sound like it was on its last limb with only 22 miles on the odometer.....Other than that a very pleasant and comfortable ride on or off road.

2012 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited Auto
By tj65 on 09/09/11 09:57 AM (PDT)

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I took delivery of my new 2012 4 door Sahara Automatic about 3 weeks ago. I have about 1000 miles on it and the vehicle is fantastic. Jeep has really done a great job with this car. It is quiet, smooth riding and responsive. The new 6 cyl is the best thing Jeep could have done for this vehicle. I have had 2 jeeps previously ('98 and '07) and this one is by far the best put together Wrangler. My mileage is about what the sticker says----16 city and 20 mpg on the highway. My advice to anyone who reads this review is test drive the vehicle youself. Most of the reviews by the so called experts give the Wrangler a BAD rap. Try it yourself and ignore the so called experts!!!

2012 Unlimited Sahara with 5spd automatic
By tlucyk on 09/04/11 16:18 PM (PDT)

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Drove from Williston, ND to Jackson Hole WY so terrain was a combination of flats, hills and mountainous. On the flats, the Jeep had no problem holding the speed limit using the cruise control. In the hills and mountainous areas, it down shifted 1 or 2 gears to maintain the speed limit. Our best fuel economy was 24.3 MPG (no wind, no A/C, highway speed limit less than 60 MPH); our worst fuel economy was 17.7 MPG (10 MPH head wind, A/C running, highway speed limit 75 MPH). 95% of the mileage was highway. Fuel mileage was hand calculated (miles driven divided by gallons to fill), not based on vehicle computer.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Suv in VA is:

$139 per month*