Used 2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Fun Car But too Many Repairs
By Lynn

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Great fun to take off-road - drives well on the highway. I've had this 2012 Wrangler back to the dealer many times for all types of repairs including cylinder head replacement, parking brake replacement and a bunch of other problems. It is frustrating to spend all that time in the shop - especially after owning Toyota's. The jeep was in the shop 3 different times for over 2 weeks total just to fix a water leak - they never could get it fixed. The warranty is now expired and I must throw a tarp over the front of the jeep to keep the water out.

My 4th Jeep,and my favorite
By annie

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Make sure you are tall enough to get in the Jeep.I am a short ladybugs I am used to how to successfully manage getting in. I have not had one second of trouble,with this Jeep,or the previous 3. I love my Jeeps,and this is the fastest one yet.Going through the gears is exhilarating.

awesome
By rvnclaw22

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

i thought that the car had a little comfort issues but it was amazing.

not great
By jshhand

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I ended up selling my wrangler after 3 years. I had numerous issues with the heat. Specifically the heater core,oil cooler and radiator. I had them all replaced under warranty. The heat never did work properly on the vehicle. I did like the look of the jeep. It towed my boat well. I don't know if I trust the 285hp . It always felt under-powered. Unfortunately It was rough on the road, had very little storage and was incredibly slow on the road. I would give this vehicle a honest rating of 3 out of 10. I would not purchase again. although it did have amazing resale.....

ground clearance, good all around vehicle, nothing else like it.

fuel milage, seat comfort, the manual transmission needs some serious dampening.

Improvements for Future Years
By oldcoastie74

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned my Rubicon Unlimited (automatic) for 33 months and 45000 miles, in Colorado, where snow and OHV roads have tested it. I am still in love with it. My wife, a BMW driver, hates it and refuses to drive it. (Breaking my heart, ha ha.) Only complaints were the transmission cooler (see below) and the leather front seat needed repair. I will likely keep this for 10 more years!

Automatic 5 speed transmission, folding rear seats, front suspension (it is still in perfect alignment despite lots of abuse).

1) The GPS needs more back country roads in its memory. It needs to display MPH (a must for vehicles that change tire sizes as much as Jeep owners do.) The unit needs a rear-view camera integrated with the GPS display. 2) A must - since it has a transmission cooler, there must be a way to check fluid, add fluid and warn you when fluid is low. Before the recall was installed, my fluid was lost twice, fortunately each time in the local neighborhood and not on Argentine Pass. 3) Better quality scissor jack 4) The main dash unit needs to tell you what gear you are in, not just Drive. I have downshifted into second or first many times, thinking I was in a higher gear. Not good for engine.

• SUV