2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
awesome
By rvnclaw22 on 12/04/14 14:52 PM (PST)

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

i thought that the car had a little comfort issues but it was amazing.

not great
By jshhand on 09/03/14 10:08 AM (PDT)

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I ended up selling my wrangler after 3 years. I had numerous issues with the heat. Specifically the heater core,oil cooler and radiator. I had them all replaced under warranty. The heat never did work properly on the vehicle. I did like the look of the jeep. It towed my boat well. I don't know if I trust the 285hp . It always felt under-powered. Unfortunately It was rough on the road, had very little storage and was incredibly slow on the road. I would give this vehicle a honest rating of 3 out of 10. I would not purchase again. although it did have amazing resale.....

Improvements for Future Years
By oldcoastie74 on 09/01/14 09:38 AM (PDT)

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned my Rubicon Unlimited (automatic) for 33 months and 45000 miles, in Colorado, where snow and OHV roads have tested it. I am still in love with it. My wife, a BMW driver, hates it and refuses to drive it. (Breaking my heart, ha ha.) Only complaints were the transmission cooler (see below) and the leather front seat needed repair. I will likely keep this for 10 more years!

Great all-around family car
By derbs24 on 08/03/14 07:49 AM (PDT)

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Bought one of the first 2012 in fall of 2011 for $37K. 3.6 Pentastar was worth waiting for. Have Avg 20mpg over 74,000 miles. Have gotten 24mpg on multiple road trips from WI to FL. Wife drives it daily 50mi roundtrip for work and she still loves it! Not the most comfortable, not the quietest but it is a Wrangler. Freeedom top is awesome, we leave the hard top on and just pop the front 2 panels for sun. Had the cylinder head issue, but dealer fixed no problem, no drama with free rental. Love the looks, love the image (kinda like riding a Harley). Just got some trade numbers and dealer offered us $27,000 to trade on a new Wrangler. Resale second to none.

Fun to drive, but waiting for something to go wrong
By new_jeep_own1 on 08/18/13 16:45 PM (PDT)

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I live in a snowy area and wanted a 4wd vehicle. It's great on snowy surfaces under 35. On the freeway the vehicle whips around badly from the wind @ higher speeds which negates any 4wd benefit. Then there's the quality. The ceiling screws in the hardtop gradually come loose no matter how hard I screw them in. The check engine light turned on @ 22k. It stayed on for a week, shut off, then turned on again. I took it to the dealer where I was told the CPU indicated it needs a new Cylinder Head. Their solution was run a "Flash Update" to shut it off and see if the light comes back on. It came back on same day. When everything is working, it's very fun to drive.

Do Not Buy
By sunlover1 on 06/28/13 12:46 PM (PDT)

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I ordered my Wrangler Rubicon & waited 6 weeks for my very first Jeep to come in. Within the first 6 months I had a transmission fuel line rub and loose all its fluid. I was accused of *gasp* running it off road. I had NOT driven this vehicle off road, it had only 3000 miles & sat mainly in my garage waiting it's first WV trip. It was bad line placement. Now I have 16k miles and it has been in the shop twice in the last 2 weeks for check engine light. They tell me they need to replace the entire left head and they will have it for several days. On an 18 month old vehicle. That is mainly driven by a women with her dogs to the beach or family trips to our WV mountain retreat, not off road.

2012 JKU Rubicon
By stylee6 on 05/28/13 20:02 PM (PDT)

Excellent vehicle

2013 Wrangler Sport
By bomstead on 02/22/13 11:52 AM (PST)

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Finally sold my beloved 97 Wrangler Sport rag top and bought a 2013 Wrangler Sport with the T-Hard Top. My new Wrangler Sport has pretty much all the bells and whistles of a Rubicon, but for $15k less. Notably missing are the electric disconnect on the sway bar and the 4:1 Low range 4WD. Who cares? My Low range 4WD is something besides 4:1. Big deal. Took the back seat out of the last one, probably will with this one too. If you're at all interested in a Jeep, go to any dealer with lots of models and compare features and prices. You can get a loaded Wrangler Sport pretty cheap compared to a base Sahara or Rubicon - if you don't mind fabric seats. Drive one and you'll be hooked.

The Last Car
By robertolive on 02/22/13 11:03 AM (PST)

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I call this "the last car" because I will never drive anything else. That said, it is not a "car" as much as a street legal toy. A giant go-cart. The feeling of driving a jeep is incomparable, but certainly not for everyone. In fact, if you even have to debate whether you should; then you probably shouldn't. If you are comfortable, however, with the idea of changing a heavy stubborn top (hard or soft), having little freeway acceleration, and generally driving a giant go-cart; then this is the car for you! You have to be prepared to think of your Jeep as a street-legal toy to really appreciate it. (Also, get the manual transmission or just get yourself a minivan)

By Far the Most Fun Vehicle I've Ever Owned!
By hsteff on 11/03/12 12:07 PM (PDT)

2012 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I'm a first time Jeep owner & I bought a Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon because I've always wanted a convertible and also wanted a vehicle that could handle almost any off road trail and occasional deep snow. This past summer, I removed my hardtop and 4 doors and had my Wrangler in “topless mode” for 12 weeks—it was the best summer I’ve had in years. This fall, I participated in the 25th Ouray CO Jeep Jamboree where I learned how to properly drive my Jeep on mountain trails & was utterly amazed on how well engineered & tough Jeeps are to handle the wilderness to include traversing over fields of small boulders.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Suv in VA is:

$139 per month*