2012 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Improvements for Future Years
By oldcoastie74 on 09/01/14 09:38 AM (PDT)

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned my Rubicon Unlimited (automatic) for 33 months and 45000 miles, in Colorado, where snow and OHV roads have tested it. I am still in love with it. My wife, a BMW driver, hates it and refuses to drive it. (Breaking my heart, ha ha.) Only complaints were the transmission cooler (see below) and the leather front seat needed repair. I will likely keep this for 10 more years!

2012 JKU Rubicon
By stylee6 on 05/28/13 20:02 PM (PDT)

Excellent vehicle

By Far the Most Fun Vehicle I've Ever Owned!
By hsteff on 11/03/12 12:07 PM (PDT)

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I'm a first time Jeep owner & I bought a Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon because I've always wanted a convertible and also wanted a vehicle that could handle almost any off road trail and occasional deep snow. This past summer, I removed my hardtop and 4 doors and had my Wrangler in “topless mode” for 12 weeks—it was the best summer I’ve had in years. This fall, I participated in the 25th Ouray CO Jeep Jamboree where I learned how to properly drive my Jeep on mountain trails & was utterly amazed on how well engineered & tough Jeeps are to handle the wilderness to include traversing over fields of small boulders.

Is this really legal?
By georgiadog69 on 03/07/12 19:12 PM (PST)

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought a 2012 Unlimited Rubicon. So far, I love it. Don't get hung up on the reviews. It's a Jeep. It should be no surprise that it doesn't ride or perform like a luxury sedan. One thing buyers should be cautioned about though is that Jeeps do not come with an owner's manual. Is it just me, or is it absolutely absurd that a $40,000 vehicle, or any vehicle for that matter would not come with an owner's manual. If you want one you have to buy one from the Jeep website for $50.00! How can that possibly be legal? At a minimum it is pathetically cheap. Jeep is cheap!

CARGASM!!
By 006_si on 12/14/11 14:13 PM (PST)

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This Wrangler is a definite 'keeper'. You don't buy this for your kid, you give him/her your current car and keep this puppy for yourself! Power out the wazoo, peerless offroad credentials, and an interior that could put a Mercedes K-wagen to shame. Plus, you can take the freakin' top off, and the doors, AND THEN drop the windshield! Unbelievable!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Jeep Wrangler in VA is:

$137 per month*