Used 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

not great
By jshhand

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I ended up selling my wrangler after 3 years. I had numerous issues with the heat. Specifically the heater core,oil cooler and radiator. I had them all replaced under warranty. The heat never did work properly on the vehicle. I did like the look of the jeep. It towed my boat well. I don't know if I trust the 285hp . It always felt under-powered. Unfortunately It was rough on the road, had very little storage and was incredibly slow on the road. I would give this vehicle a honest rating of 3 out of 10. I would not purchase again. although it did have amazing resale.....

Favorite Features

ground clearance, good all around vehicle, nothing else like it.

Suggested Improvements

fuel milage, seat comfort, the manual transmission needs some serious dampening.

Great all-around family car
By derbs24

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Bought one of the first 2012 in fall of 2011 for $37K. 3.6 Pentastar was worth waiting for. Have Avg 20mpg over 74,000 miles. Have gotten 24mpg on multiple road trips from WI to FL. Wife drives it daily 50mi roundtrip for work and she still loves it! Not the most comfortable, not the quietest but it is a Wrangler. Freeedom top is awesome, we leave the hard top on and just pop the front 2 panels for sun. Had the cylinder head issue, but dealer fixed no problem, no drama with free rental. Love the looks, love the image (kinda like riding a Harley). Just got some trade numbers and dealer offered us $27,000 to trade on a new Wrangler. Resale second to none.

Favorite Features

Resale, looks, reliability, capabilities.

Suggested Improvements

Keep making it quieter and more refined.

Nice But Little Things Add Up
By chesshorse

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the top of the line Sahara with every option available thinking all will be great. Within literally 100 miles the engine started knocking, the driver seat squeaks so bad, the A/C is luke warm, the driver side windshield visor pops off, the painted hard top has haze marks all over it, the windshield makes a whistling noise, driver seat seatbelt area rubs and makes a load noise, and the driver side seat adjuster is making a rub mark on the leather to list a few! Now it has 3,500 miles and I still am trying to make an appointment to get it looked at. I have canceled many appointments because of my work schedule and the service department have limited hours! I am defiantly disappointed!

Favorite Features

My previous car: Mercedes CLK 500 Convertible.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the quality and customer service! Jeep Dealers are not willing to provide me with a shuttle to my home or work because there are limited dealers around and are too far to provide a ride. Nor will they provide a courtesy rental car even with all the problems I am having! Horrible customer service!

There is only one!
By sbresnick

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Looks great, drives fun! Surprisingly smooth ride around town and a blast to drive!

Favorite Features

It's a Jeep!

Suggested Improvements

Horrendous gas mileage even with gentle driving (11MPG) Poor interior (dashboard) build quality

Thought I wanted an FJ, but went for 2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
By gmaster

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Wanted FJ, so I thought I did. Drove FJ, 2011 Wrangler and the 2012 Wrangler. FJ felt cheap. New 2011 Wrangler engine sluggish and auto trans grinded on shifts. 2012 Wrangler WoWed me!

Favorite Features

The drive. Even on the streets, it is just fun and neat to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage. Need to do something like the Ford Ecoboost engine on this or a turbo diesel. My understanding is that you can get a turbo diesel Wrangler in Europe.