Water Leaks
By phontom on
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)
Go ahead and purchase this jeep as long as you are prepared to fight the dealership you chose to purchase it from. Granted not all jeeps leak but is a good chance is will. I love my jeep but hate the headache it has given me when they can't stop the water from coming in.
Suggested Improvements
Recall these jeeps and fix the leaks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By johneon
on 06/01/12 07:11 AM (PDT)

Who says a Wrangler is supposed to be water proof? It's a tent on wheels literally. That's why the carpets are removable and it has drains in the floor boards. Get over it or get out of it. It is what it is.

By lindsayg2
on 10/09/12 05:57 AM (PDT)

Can someone please post an update regarding their experiences with the dealers and Chrysler with this? I am having the same problem. The back of my Jeep especially the passenger side has PUDDLES, I sucked out 2 buckets of water with a wetvac. Its been to the dealer I believe this is the 6th time. I truly believe theyve done everything they can to fix it and in the end it leaks again and again. Im at my wits' end because I LOVE my Jeep. I have a 2009 with a soft top. It smells like a wet basement right now :(

By therule
on 07/17/12 13:31 PM (PDT)

johneon, would you stop bashing everyone who's posted a negative review on the jeep? Just because you are ok with it raining inside your jeep and collecting water so that mold can throw a fiesta doesn't mean everyone else wants the same thing. When you're paying $40k for a car, I don't think it's completely unreasonable to expect the car to be water-tight. Let me repeat, $40,000 dollars. That's a hefty chunk of change. For me, I am really appreciative of these posts because I have not owned a jeep before and it would be a major deal if I spent that money and then discovered there was a strong possibility of leaks AND there's a strong possibility that the problem would not be resolved. Thanks everyone else for your valuable comments.

By lemonaid5
on 06/07/12 19:59 PM (PDT)

I just happened to look up 2011 Jeep Sahara leaks and saw these post.My attorney is now ready to file a complaint against Chrysler for the very thing being reported.The Jeep has been back 6 times for leaks on the passenger side as well as dashboard .No resolution.Chrysler assigned both a customer advocate and a regional representitive after we filed a complaint via the "lemon law ".No resolution..I was offered several options of "you get a new jeep congratulations" and "we will give your money back BUT lets talk about your depreciation value".Chrysler is not obligated to put any deal in writing and play a shell game of offers trying to wear you down.When I reported this back to the attorney generals office they also verified they were not obligated to anything in writing and"anything else I can help you with?ba bye!".The will be a long haul and will post results.Good luck and dont give up because Chrysler knows they have a problem..