It's a Jeep thing....NOW I understand :)
By uber on
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 70th Anniversary 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)
70th Anniversary Unlimited Auto - Bronze Pearl. I had pretty much decided on a Dodge Journey based on reviews and my requirements. So....I hiked off to the dealerships...drove the Journey....it wasn't bad.....good in fact....but....there they were....all those Wranglers....looking cool and iconic....made the Journey look pathetic....then I found out about the rebates and I was sold....$11k off sticker incl tax!! Three weeks in and I can't stop smiling... a bit more power would be OK but, when you are in a Jeep you don't care if you go a bit slower. It's not a sports car...point it in the general direction you want and it will go there....over almost anything! So much more than I expected.
Favorite Features
Exterior....ITS A JEEP! Interior is great, the new switchgear takes the industrial edge away but doesn't feel too plush. The 70th leather seats are very comfortable and look the awesome Love the bronze (wicked color!) The fact that people talk to me in parking lots telling me how they have always wanted a Jeep :) Freedom top is a breeze to remove Gas mileage vs the Envoy I used to own - I get 18 mpg with mostly city driving...the Envoy was lucky to get 13! Lots of aftermarket stuff to stop you getting bored. Uconnect works great for me, along with voice commands. Radio 1 on Sirius 5 star depreciation rating....REALLY!...look it up! (google "alg depreciation")
Suggested Improvements
Rear view is extremely limited (turn the mirror 180 degrees for better viz)... they need to reduce the size of the rear wiper motor and have a way of folding down the rear headrests when nobody is in the back. A diesel engine of course....ridiculous that it isn't offered, same with a HEMI option A waterproof radio (duh!) I am sure the Pentastar in the 2012 will be an improvement... but with the rebates to be had on the 2011's waiting for one cannot be justified (economically at least)
By tigerjeepguy
on 07/16/11 19:24 PM (PDT)

what are these rebates where you are getting 11K off MSRP?