2011 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Popping Out of Gear-trouble getting into gear
By volito on 01/20/13 06:26 AM (PST)

2011 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Had this rpoblem ongoing since it came out of showroom. Everyday problems getting into certain gears or shifter popping out of gear. In and out oof dealers for 3 years. Now recently wouldnt go into gear as gear plates stuck and had to get it towed to dealer. "Now maybe theyll see the problem" Nightmare from day one back to lawyer for lemo law.

Drip Drip
By jdog63 on 03/01/11 18:30 PM (PST)

2011 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Jeep. The interior design is excellent. Power is OK but the fuel economy is poor. The issue with the leaking doors/top on the soft top is troublesome. Ive had mine back to the dealer twice. They finally showed me a notice from the manufacturer that basically said it leaks and there is nothing to be done. Thanks Chrysler for leaving the drain plug in the floor and giving the 2.0GPA engineers a job at least theyre not building bridges. If Id known the doors/top leaked and every time it rains the carpet would get wet it would have been a deal breaker on the soft top. Oddly enough the wind noise is acceptable. To say the least I am not pleased the dealer has had 2 attempts to fix it, well see. Three strikes and its a lemon.

Red Wrangler
By osucowboy1 on 01/26/11 14:15 PM (PST)

2011 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my fifth Wrangler in 10 years, the last being an identical 2010. We upgraded to the 2011 from the 2010 because of the interior changes and the need to take a 3,500 mile trip over Christmas break. The interior changes in the 2011 made for a very comfortable trip. Armrests are better placed and padded. Trim is rounded rather than squared. Seats are more comfortable and access to the rear seat is improved. The acoustics are better and the 2011 had less wind noise. Gas mileage was 21 mpg overall with a difference of about a mile to the gallon noted when using 10% ethanol. We love the Jeep and just helped our daughter buy an identical black sport. Nothing like the "Jeep" wave.

4th Wrangler
By jeepsrfun on 01/01/11 19:43 PM (PST)

2011 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Just picked up my 4th Wrangler over the past 10 years. I keep thinking I'd prefer a car, but the Wrangler keeps calling me back. By far the most comfortable one yet. My previous editions were all Sahara's, but decided I wanted a different look. LOVE the Sport model, looks "tougher." Got it with Auto, Satellite, Infiniti stereo (highly recommend if you're keeping stock stereo in car), tinted windows and supplemental side airbags. New model's soft top is different, no side drip rails, interior is much more quiet. Better interior materials than 2009, comfy arm rests. Seats are more cushy and supportive. Happy to be back in Wrangler, makes me smile when I do "Jeep Wave" w/fellow Wrangler owners.

Just As Expected!
By Dano0726 on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Took only 5 weeks from order to delivery. 2011 interior is designed far better than 2010/prior JK's. Dash layout is exceptional. Whatever you give up in fuel economy, you gain in (1) Jeep ruggedness (2) Jeep resale (3) Jeep recognizeability (4) just an ultimate Jeep coolness I can't keep wife + daughter away from Mac Daddy's ride!

My new toy
By tricia on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This will be my 3rd Jeep and by far the new sports package with the interior electronic features ie:electric windows/Sirius/steering wheel push button features and added quiet interior feel like luxury in contrast to my others. My last wrangler was a 98 and being clueless about the mechanics of cars I'd have to say I can detect less engine power when I'm getting up around the rocky mountains and need the power boost. It's a pretty big downside to this Wrangler. Also, after an hour or less the drivers seat isn't terribly comfortable. Lots more visibility out the windows and easy lift back seat is a good feature. 7 speaker infinity is nice & pass. side lift seat. over all very pleased.

I love it!
By JeepLady on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

They did a wonderful job redesigning the interior! I love the style. Also it is so much more comfortable to drive then my 2003! I would recommend this Wrangler to anyone whose interested. I have a soft top, and it's not cold and noisy as people said it would be! Everyone should join part of the legacy and buy an American made Jeep!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Suv in VA is:

$134 per month*