Used 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

2011 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Buyer beware
By strangely_diff

2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned my jeep wrangler for over a year and it is falling apart. I'd wanted a jeep my whole life and finally able to afford one, it was a joke. Chrysler has ruined them in my opinion. Off road, it's awesome. Driving on the highway is terrible. The leftover v6 is severely underpowered. 6th gear is useless unless your state is perfectly flat. The major issues I had; death wobble, even a week after the recall was performed to fix, leaking hardtop(common issue, pass side a pillar, water stands under floor mats), and my wireing harnes 'came apart' at the fuse box melting the connector and rendering my ac useless in the Texas summer. Only good for driving in 4-low.

Favorite Features

It is a great looking vehicle with great offload ability.

Suggested Improvements

A little more power, and not using Chrysler components anywhere on it would fix it right up.

Know what to expect and you will love it!!
By thomm99

2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

If you want a Wrangler you know there isn't anything else that will do. I love my 2011 unlimited. The changes that were made to the interior have made a world of difference in the comfort of a daily driver stuck in traffic, but haven't taken anything away from what it can do off road. Be prepared for extra attention when you take the top and doors off. A wide open 4 door gets a lot of appreciative looks at stop lights!! As long as you know what to expect in terms of comfort and performance you will be very happy with a Wrangler. Having kids I highly recommend the Unlimited. Plenty of room for everything. The power is reasonable, mileage is decent for what it is, exterior is iconic!

Favorite Features

Removable top and doors, excellent AC and heat, new interior is great to look at, and very comfortable to drive or ride in, road and wind noise has been greatly reduced. There is also an amazing amount of aftermarket items to upgrade and personalize your jeep. Home run on the new interior. Best feature of all: It's a Jeep!

Suggested Improvements

Of course, better mileage would be nice. The connectivity package (voice, bluetooth and USB plug) has a lot of bugs. It works decent most of the time, but not even in the same league as Sync from Ford/Microsoft (prior vehicle). The programming needs a lot of work and is poorly designed.