2011 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
fun and easy
By 87llc on 09/16/14 13:29 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

We have a 2011 Unlimited 4 door and drive it to Va. all the time from Ct. The ride with the heated leather seats makes it a comfortable. We have the freedom top and when it is on the ride is not at all that loud. We took off the hard top and use only the soft top the last 2 years and now we get a little water under the drivers rug but not much and after all it is a Wrangler. Load capacity is great Air and Heat more than enough the back seat fits 3 with room to spare. People should not but a Wrangler if they want total comfort and luxury. The ride is harder the noise louder but it is the most FUN Car/Suv you can Drive! all for 40 k and in bad weather nothing stops it .

Love my Jeep!
By nyc6 on 03/15/13 11:06 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport RHD 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2011, 4 door Wrangler and haven't had any problems at all -- no water leaking and I have the freedom top. I wish I would have waited for the 2012 to see if the acceleration when getting on a highway is better and better gas mileage. The only thing that is questionable is sometimes when I step on the brakes it doesn't feel smooth and I'm short so I have to have the seat all the way up--pedals are not close enough.

Popping Out of Gear-trouble getting into gear
By volito on 01/20/13 06:26 AM (PST)

2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Had this rpoblem ongoing since it came out of showroom. Everyday problems getting into certain gears or shifter popping out of gear. In and out oof dealers for 3 years. Now recently wouldnt go into gear as gear plates stuck and had to get it towed to dealer. "Now maybe theyll see the problem" Nightmare from day one back to lawyer for lemo law.

Buyer beware
By strangely_diff on 08/12/12 13:20 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned my jeep wrangler for over a year and it is falling apart. I'd wanted a jeep my whole life and finally able to afford one, it was a joke. Chrysler has ruined them in my opinion. Off road, it's awesome. Driving on the highway is terrible. The leftover v6 is severely underpowered. 6th gear is useless unless your state is perfectly flat. The major issues I had; death wobble, even a week after the recall was performed to fix, leaking hardtop(common issue, pass side a pillar, water stands under floor mats), and my wireing harnes 'came apart' at the fuse box melting the connector and rendering my ac useless in the Texas summer. Only good for driving in 4-low.

Water Leaks
By phontom on 05/05/12 18:21 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Go ahead and purchase this jeep as long as you are prepared to fight the dealership you chose to purchase it from. Granted not all jeeps leak but is a good chance is will. I love my jeep but hate the headache it has given me when they can't stop the water from coming in.

Dream purchase gone wrong
By ucalum10 on 04/25/12 06:39 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Im a very dedictaed Jeep customer. this is not my first Jeep i've owned. I purchased the exact Jeep featured in the photos on this site for about 30K. The passenger floor is a POND and the freedom-top leaks on the dash and on the radio everytime it rains. I AM NOT HAPPY. The jeep is into the dealership for the second time to fix the problem. After the first visit; I am confident nothing was resolved. I am now waiting for the mold and mildew to set in and I am now scared that my floors and rockers are going to rot out. The jeep isn't even a year old yet and it's been wet since day one. My state has a Lemon Law and I plan act upon it if it's not fixed by the 4th time. Why isn't there a recall?

I have a lake in my Jeep?!?
By bender64 on 02/22/12 12:25 PM (PST)

2011 Jeep Wrangler 70th Anniversary 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have always wanted a Wrangler growing up and finally purchased one several months ago. It was the biggest mistake of my life. Its been to the dealer 4 times and for water leaks. The service manager told me there was 4 major leaks and several other from the factory. I have no idea what Chrysler was doing when they had this thing assembled but it had to be on a Friday or before a holiday. I am in the process of talking to Chrysler now but who knows what they will do for me. Plus there was mold forming on the inside of the hard top from the moisture.

Great mid-life crisis car!!!
By mtgvolvo on 02/05/12 11:56 AM (PST)

2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

All-around great vehicle for what you're expecting: rugged and simple with the extra comfort elements that make it perfect for the non-off-road enthusiast!

Don't Buy Anything from Jeep
By jeepsucks3 on 01/04/12 20:11 PM (PST)

2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport RHD 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Worst new car I ever purchased in my life. Jeep has been in the shop 5 times and only has 2,600 miles.Jeep will not take back the jeep and replace it with a new one(yet).Reason why is the jeep must have the same problem 4 times(which it has)They claim it's only been in the shop 3 three for the same problem.I've drop the jeep off three times and have been in two rental cars,about 15 days without new jeep I paid about $34,000 for.Everytime I pick up the jeep they say the same thing "problem fixed" I heard that 5 times now and it's getting old.I've been calm so far,but enough is enogh.like when my 6 and 8 year boys and wife are stuck in a parking lot because are new jeep won't work Thanks Jeep

so far so good
By spider41 on 12/15/11 09:58 AM (PST)

2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport RHD 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

veryy happy with my jeep,first time owner,no leaks yet and we have had alot of rain here (N.Y.).I like the ride,pretty smooth.just wish I would have waited for the 2012,more power and maybe would have better gas mileage.on a rating of 1-5? I would put it at 4.....

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Jeep Wrangler in VA is:

$134 per month*