Used 2011 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

fun and easy
By 87llc

2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

We have a 2011 Unlimited 4 door and drive it to Va. all the time from Ct. The ride with the heated leather seats makes it a comfortable. We have the freedom top and when it is on the ride is not at all that loud. We took off the hard top and use only the soft top the last 2 years and now we get a little water under the drivers rug but not much and after all it is a Wrangler. Load capacity is great Air and Heat more than enough the back seat fits 3 with room to spare. People should not but a Wrangler if they want total comfort and luxury. The ride is harder the noise louder but it is the most FUN Car/Suv you can Drive! all for 40 k and in bad weather nothing stops it .

Hard top for bad weather and winter/soft top for the rest of the year. Large capacity 4 doors you do need the running boards unless you are really going to use it a lot off road. We have the Luxury interior with all the options so it is not really roughing it and makes it fun for us over 55 crowd. Easy to read instrument cluster. Where can you get a car that is this much fun and so versatile to use.

offer hard liners for the back Storage area.

Love my Jeep!
By nyc6

2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport RHD 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2011, 4 door Wrangler and haven't had any problems at all -- no water leaking and I have the freedom top. I wish I would have waited for the 2012 to see if the acceleration when getting on a highway is better and better gas mileage. The only thing that is questionable is sometimes when I step on the brakes it doesn't feel smooth and I'm short so I have to have the seat all the way up--pedals are not close enough.

Interior and exterior appearance

Acceleration and gas mileage

Popping Out of Gear-trouble getting into gear
By volito

2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Had this rpoblem ongoing since it came out of showroom. Everyday problems getting into certain gears or shifter popping out of gear. In and out oof dealers for 3 years. Now recently wouldnt go into gear as gear plates stuck and had to get it towed to dealer. "Now maybe theyll see the problem" Nightmare from day one back to lawyer for lemo law.

Driving in snow other then that useless...

With many dealers be honest on build faults customers will respect you more instead of lieing. More comfortable driver space for taller peope, transmission really is horrible.

Buyer beware
By strangely_diff

2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned my jeep wrangler for over a year and it is falling apart. I'd wanted a jeep my whole life and finally able to afford one, it was a joke. Chrysler has ruined them in my opinion. Off road, it's awesome. Driving on the highway is terrible. The leftover v6 is severely underpowered. 6th gear is useless unless your state is perfectly flat. The major issues I had; death wobble, even a week after the recall was performed to fix, leaking hardtop(common issue, pass side a pillar, water stands under floor mats), and my wireing harnes 'came apart' at the fuse box melting the connector and rendering my ac useless in the Texas summer. Only good for driving in 4-low.

It is a great looking vehicle with great offload ability.

A little more power, and not using Chrysler components anywhere on it would fix it right up.

Water Leaks
By phontom

2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Go ahead and purchase this jeep as long as you are prepared to fight the dealership you chose to purchase it from. Granted not all jeeps leak but is a good chance is will. I love my jeep but hate the headache it has given me when they can't stop the water from coming in.

Recall these jeeps and fix the leaks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!