2010 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: It's Everything it Should Be

2010 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Review

Unlimited Sport Convertible SUV (3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic)

It's Everything it Should Be
By Parker on

2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The ride may have a few more bumps, the styling may be a bit more rugged, & your hair may get a little messed up. The Wrangler is everything you would expect it to be while giving the comfort and conveniences you may not. The controls, seats, and functionality have the same ease of use & comfort as the Commander or Cherokee. (We've owned all three and love each of them) I was afraid I wouldn't take the hard top off enough but it's so easy, I've been known to take it off & put it back on multiple times in the same day. I do wish that it came standard with rubber floor mats instead of the wimpy carpet ones and the cup holders could use a redesign.

Favorite Features

The hard top is great. The front pieces remove with a few twists and are light enough for one person to handle with ease. The AC is impressive too. Even with a somewhat thin top, I can count on a cold interior on a hot day.

Suggested Improvements

This is probably minor but what's up with manufacturers putting that weird "fringe" stuff around the parking break? It looks messed up from day one. The other thing that just doesn't hold up well are the sides of the cup holders that squeeze the cup. It's another minor issue that could be better.