2010 Jeep Wrangler 3.8L V6 4x4 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Best Jeep I Have Ever

2010 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Review

Rubicon Convertible SUV (3.8L V6 4x4 6-speed Manual)

Best Jeep I Have Ever Owned
By WayneS on

2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned a CJ5, CJ2A, M38, M38A1 and a Commando- all VERY capable off-roaders which required certain “compromises” when driven on pavement. My new Rubicon is not only head and shoulders above every other Jeep I have owned in off-road capabilities, it is well-behaved on paved roads. Seats are comfortable, ride/handling better than adequate - it is pretty quiet-riding. But, it IS a Jeep, with off-road oriented tires, short wheel-base and convertible top. Those who expect the handling, ride and comfort of a CAR will be disappointed by it. I knew what I wanted and what to expect when I bought a Jeep. This Rubicon very capably delivers what I want, and has EXCEEDED what I expected.

Favorite Features

6 speed manual transmission is very nice. The Locking Dana 44, 4.10:1 differentials are wonderful. After all these years, it STILL looks like a Jeep!

Suggested Improvements

Just a BIT more power, please. If the rear portion of the front fender skirts extended just about 2" lower, then the tires wouldn't throw all that road grime onto the sides of the Jeep when it rains. For the $$ it costs I think the Rubicon model should include better undercarriage protection.