Used 2010 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

2010 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

2010 Wrangler Unlimited Mountain
By Dave

2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

So far reliability has been excellent. Mileage with combined city/highway averages about 16 mpg. The engine could definitely use a horsepower boost. The standard stereo, while ok, lacks wattage and sound quality. Interior could use more storage space. The freedom hardtop is great for driver "open air" while remaining good for northern climates. Shortcoming aside, I love the Jeep personality and have a lot of fun with the vehicle.

Favorite Features

Freedom hardtop, mountain package with big tires, go anywhere feel. Unlimited model has a lot of interior room for passengers and gear. Only 5 seat convertible.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower, better fuel economy, higher quality seat material, better stereo, more interior storage.

Love my jeep
By gorman

2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second Jeep it is all I expected. The first is a 2007 unlimited 4 door. I enjoy the feel of the 2010 wranglers power and stance on the road, ease of driving and the ease of parking and maneuvering around obstacles (even in the city) the soft top easily folds down over all happy with my Jeep, Jeep

Favorite Features

Adjustable driver seat tilt steering and the removable rear seat

Suggested Improvements

a bit tighter fit around front of soft top

Ideal Island Car
By Clyde Kawauchi

2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My ride home from the dealership, 100 miles was effortless. The ride home was enjoyable, and can't wait to hit those favorite spots. I can't believe that this is a off road vehicle. No regrets in buying it. Glad I live in Hawaii.

Favorite Features

The ride is great, the ride height of the vehicle is perfect.

Suggested Improvements

I wish mine had power outside mirrors and that it was bigger.

2010 Lemon -Transmission dead at 8400mi
By CTJeep

2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Being a loyal owner of a 1998 Cherokee, I was really looking forward to the Wrangler experience. Turns out it was nothing but trouble. Alignment off day 1, clunking noises coming from the hood when AC was turned on. Automatic transmission takes forever to switch gears, etc, etc... Three trips to the dealer, who thought I was crazy. Now the transmission is dead 200+ miles from home. RIDICULOUS! I think the build quality of Jeeps have gone down considerably, probably too many cost cutting measures. Never again. This car was a piece of junk. At this point I'm trying to get it declared a lemon or have the dealer buy it back. They can keep it! Buyer Beware with Jeep.

Favorite Features

Coolness factor. I really wanted to keep this car for a long time. Love the top down driving, really turns heads. Not enough coolness to put up with all of the headaches!!

Suggested Improvements

Build quality needs improvement. So does fuel economy. Automatic transmission is a joke, with strained shifting.

Stunning
By Richard Smith

2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This car is beyond imaginable off- road. Nothing can stop it-rivers, trees, lakes, mud and just about anything else it can handle easy. Formerly owned Mercedes G55 AMG which was much more luxurious as expected, but the wrangler blows it out the water in off-road situation. Beware though, this car is nothing like a usual car on-road so if you have the extra $$$ get a second car for urban commutes and driving.

Favorite Features

Off-road Capability

Suggested Improvements

Center Differentials. Diesel Option.