2010 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews 2

2010 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
There's Only One Jeep
By Mazzuchelli on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Needed a "dog" truck to more practically manage my pack. The Sahara is much easier for the dogs to enter with the back seat "tumbled" and it's a lot easier to keep clean than a regular SUV. This is my second Wrangler Sahara so I knew what to expect. This '10 seems much quieter than the '98 and the engine seems smoother. Miss the manual transmission but wanted a deal so had to work with dealer inventory. All-in- all this truck is a terrific, practical package I'll keep for the long haul. Thanks to the great people of Toledo for building this unique vehicle.

Loving the Jeep Unlimited
By pairof98s on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my eyes on the Unlimited 4 door since it came out in '07 and finally bought one over the Labor Day weekend. Love the improved Jeep body and the Freedom hardtop. Got the 2010 cloth interior that may change for the worse in 2011 pics I have seen. Incredible ride quality and impressive road manners thus far, but terrible fuel mileage and towing ability. Needs a small V8 option or better V6 to be perfect. After the warranty expires, I may do my own V8 swap.

Second Wrangler
By drdave on 09/07/10 05:16 AM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have been pleasantly surprised with consistently attaining 21+ mpg for local drives and 25+ mpg for long distance. The Freedom top is an excellent feature to allow quick removal for either/both the passenger/driver. The new sound proofing makes engine noise disappear making for a quiet ride. Overall driver comfort has improved tremendously since 2002.

"Salt Life Baby" it's a jeep
By allaboutink on 09/04/10 12:56 PM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Well I have had this for a few months now and was able to take it off road, this is by far the best jeep I have driving. I had a 2002 X series before this Rubicon and it is a night and day difference. The Rubicon is by far the best off road vehicle for a stock off the lot s.u.v. there is no comparison. I was able to go through every place and it did not even act like it was off road. This truck is a beast for sure. It is not a city vehicle if your looking for gas mileage by a hybrid cause you are not passing many stations with this vehicle, but I don't care I love it. I wanted a jeep for the off road not gas mileage.

Fun to Drive
By 530n52 on 08/05/10 19:47 PM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

The Wrangler Unlimited maybe the most enjoyable vehicle I have owned. I have been surprised by the on road driving comfort and especially the braking performance. Off road ability is expected since this is the focus of the design. It has enough power for my needs, but could do better on MPG. Still a fantastic rig. Took the top off the first day and still have not put it back on.

Sahara 4 door lemon
By alan on 08/03/10 07:48 AM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Only have 1,800 miles and have been back to repair Jeep Chrysler dealer 5 times for problem with anti-skid engaging while driving. This causes an unsafe condition. Chrysler customer service in uncaring. All they did each time was replace the crankshaft sensor. Last week they kept my Jeep 6 days while they put in a shim to stop the sensor from causing the problem. I was left with no ride. I love this vehicle, but would never buy a Chrysler product again.

New owner
By diezel on 07/25/10 18:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

it's not just a car, it's a hobby, if you are looking to personalize it and make it unique then you will have a blast doing that there are not 2 that are alike, they are beautiful to look at and appreciate each owner individuality. There are many companies out there that offer thousand of after market products to help you do just that. I love my 2010 wrangler it's not a fast car or the best handling car out there but it is FUN to drive, top down, or up with the windows open. There are after market products that will allow you to increase HP and make it more powerful if that is what you are after. It's a vehicle that more than any other vehicle out there that is as unique and versatile.

All Smiles
By Five0retired on 07/25/10 07:21 AM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is a Fun Vehicle. Not one to cut down your fuel costs . This is the vehicle that brings a smile to my face first thing in the morning as I drive to work, with the top down weather permitting and the radio cranked up. It also returns that smile at the end of the work day as I drive home. It never fails to Not get polite and admiring remarks from passersby. From young and Old they all say what a Sweet ride she is. So to the reviewer on Edmunds , I would say "Get a Life, Get a Jeep"

Upgrading to the Larger Wrangler
By From Florida on 07/24/10 18:45 PM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We upgraded from a 2008 Wrangler to the 2010 Wrangler Unlimited. No problems with the former except for the lack of a second set of doors. Both models turn heads. Ride quality on the highway greatly improved with the Unlimited's longer wheelbase, something we were not looking for but very please to discover. The hardtop blocks out most noise and the front seats have lift out panels for an open road feel. I have read many expert reviews that say the V-6 engine lacks power. I put a K&N air filter in from the start and have never had a problem merging into traffic. May be a message in there.

It's About Time
By Back 2basics on 07/23/10 12:28 PM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my first jeep 18 years ago. Since then this is my 4th. As a prior jeep owner, I can say wow! This vehicle has made leaps and bounds since then. The ride is smooth and the handling is tight. Mostly everything that I used to say would improve the jeep has been addressed in the newer design. The front section of the Freedom Top is effortless to remove while the interior design is a drastic improvement. I hope the longevity of the 3.8 v6 is that of the old 4.0 straight 6.