Used 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

2010 Jeep Wrangler SUV

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Love my Jeep
By Kent

2010 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

As my title says, I love my Jeep Wrangler Sport 4 door. Am not an off roader but instead needed a rugged vehicle with 4 wheel drive capability. This vehicle is fantastic and will go through almost anything mother nature throws at it. The four doors make it very convenient and the extra space in back is well appreciated. Gas mileage is decent although could be a little better. Highly recommend the Wrangler 4 door.

Favorite Features

Comfort of front seats and even though I am tall seating position is perfect for me with all controls right at hand. Fantastic in bad weather. Very stable and controlled ride. Handles extremely well. Hardtop is a definite plus. Rear space is good.

Suggested Improvements

Allow back seat to recline, too upright. Rear gate should be hinged so it stays open. Better fuel mileage.

It's About Time
By Back 2basics

2010 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my first jeep 18 years ago. Since then this is my 4th. As a prior jeep owner, I can say wow! This vehicle has made leaps and bounds since then. The ride is smooth and the handling is tight. Mostly everything that I used to say would improve the jeep has been addressed in the newer design. The front section of the Freedom Top is effortless to remove while the interior design is a drastic improvement. I hope the longevity of the 3.8 v6 is that of the old 4.0 straight 6.

Favorite Features

It's a Jeep

Suggested Improvements

Could use a little more zip and power mirrors.

It's Everything it Should Be
By Parker

2010 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The ride may have a few more bumps, the styling may be a bit more rugged, & your hair may get a little messed up. The Wrangler is everything you would expect it to be while giving the comfort and conveniences you may not. The controls, seats, and functionality have the same ease of use & comfort as the Commander or Cherokee. (We've owned all three and love each of them) I was afraid I wouldn't take the hard top off enough but it's so easy, I've been known to take it off & put it back on multiple times in the same day. I do wish that it came standard with rubber floor mats instead of the wimpy carpet ones and the cup holders could use a redesign.

Favorite Features

The hard top is great. The front pieces remove with a few twists and are light enough for one person to handle with ease. The AC is impressive too. Even with a somewhat thin top, I can count on a cold interior on a hot day.

Suggested Improvements

This is probably minor but what's up with manufacturers putting that weird "fringe" stuff around the parking break? It looks messed up from day one. The other thing that just doesn't hold up well are the sides of the cup holders that squeeze the cup. It's another minor issue that could be better.

Should've kept my Tahoe
By Kmurray

2010 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Well after bugging my husband to get our 71 Scouts done he finally caved and let me get the Jeep. I wish he had held his ground. I didn't really test drive it all that much, because if I had I would have never bought it. Rough ride more of a man truck and not a family vehicle. Need to trade it in for one with better fuel economy. Only bought it because I wanted a smaller car payment. Like the forums say "Your either a Jeep lover or not" I would be one of the nots. My husband on the other hand likes it. Looks cool, but just not for me.

Favorite Features

Fun with the removable 3 piece freedom top. Fun driving off road. Does great in the snow.

Suggested Improvements

Less road noise. Offer the soft top standard. Don't charge so much for the automatic ($2700 more). Better radio; I mean if the tops are meant to be off at least put a good system in it.

Best Bang for the Buck
By KCJAILER

2010 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Went shopping and checked out H3- Alpha, GM Avalanche and many others. Then I took the Jeep Wrangler for a Test Drive. It handled, shifted and drove very nice. The ride is nice and smooth but it is no Cadillac lol. The acceleration is lackluster but its good enough. The turning radius is excellent. Visibility is also excellent. By the way this is the only 4x4 vehicle where you can remove the roof, and the doors! Now the fun really begins!! Driving is back! I use a stick shift. Better mileage and you become connected with the car and road… or off road! shunned the high dollar 4x4 as some of the extras were not really needed. $24.000 for a Jeep or $47,000+ for the others. Nuff said

Favorite Features

4x4 stick shift removable roof and doors

Suggested Improvements

Needs a bit more power