Used 2010 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Loved it, then hated it
By T-Mac

2010 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It's a vehicle I have always wanted, so I got a 2010 JKU and loved the look and treated it like a baby. Just before paying off the loan at 5 years, several expensive (each approx. $700) repairs became a concern within a period of 6 months: alternator, brake booster, screeching sound, and not starting. The last straw was a master cylinder and other repairs that the dealer said would cost about $1,000 to fix. I was done and asked for the keys so I could trade it in for a reliable Japanese vehicle. It was fun for about 4 years and I got $17,300 trade-in after 5 years and 56k miles.

Makes Me Smile Every Time
By alphadog10

2010 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have the soft top version, and wow, with the top down, it's so much fun, it just makes me smile and feel happy to drive around town. With the top up, it's quieter than you might expect, but I prefer the top off every chance I can get. The only thing I don't like about my Jeep is that it's absolutely terrible to drive on the freeway. When I test drove it before I bought it, I really didn't spend much time driving it on the highway, but after living with it for a while, I sometimes wonder whether I made a good choice. This is my one and only vehicle, and I think it makes a better second car than a primary one. I find it terrifying on the freeway.

Removable soft top. Rugged looks and performance. Pretty good stereo, you can hear it clearly even with the top off and going fast down the road. The heater is super powerful. Puts a smile on your face.

More power - the engine is kind of gutless.

Yep Yep
By jthumanist

2010 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Been wanting a Jeep Wrangler for a long time. Occasionally paruse the consumer reports and then it happened; a seeming nexus of all things good about the Wrangler came together in 2010. So I went for it and have not looked back since. The 2011 and 2012 models look like Jeep is trrying to get a broader customer base by making it gentler and kinder to the occupants. A Jeep is a Jeep and should not be messed with unless adding accessories. Speaking of which, the 2010 Sport that I have was designed for add-on's; I'd rather do the stuff myself than buy factory installed. Its my DD and my DFV (Daily Fun Vehicle).

Steering Cabin feel Mileage was a nice surprise Hard top The endless array of things I can put on it

New jk sold to me with known Problems
By wtbuck

2010 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this JK on May 5,2011 and noticed battery light was on. Then it was alt, then battery cable, then oil change etc... Just the start of the delivery from Hell. Can't possibly get all the lies and bs on here. To make long story short today's date is June 14, 2011. I still have no air and according to corporate no date when they can get parts to fix problem. All I ever get is I can't tell you that I'm not authorized. I thought I bought a new vehicle. I feel like they used this Jeep for a parts vehicle of course they say no. But they can!

Fun Toy
By mark3840

2010 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this Jeep (2 door) just to have a toy. Got the Mountain Pkg. Love the looks and seats. Didn't go with the 2011 model because I hated the seat covers and the "softer" interior look. This is an outdoor vehicle. Why did they need to make it "softer to the touch?" It really needs more power. It amazes me how quite the interior is with the soft top. It's not a quite vehicle but it does well for a convertible with a soft top. Seems like the stereo should be better. I didn't get the subwoofer - but I honestly didn't feel it was much better anyway. I wouldn't recommend any Wrangler as a primary vehicle - especially if you drive a lot. But I would buy another one because I love it.

It's cool! It's fun to drive. Had it for 3k miles and still haven't washed it!!

More power! Both hp and torque.