Used 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

2010 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

3.8 Minivan motor is junk
By iamatt

2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Wife had to have a jeep and she picked an 2010 3.8 with the 42RLE. Performed engine flush and amsoil signature series for the oil. The motor spun a bearing 2 thousand miles before the warranty was gone. So brand new long block was installed after not having the POS for a month. The 3.8 is a minivan motor which eats oil and spins bearings like there is no tomorrow. We are probably going to lift it a couple of inches, throw on some tires, dbag led light bar and sell it. Only way I would have a newer jeep now is if it had the hemi conversion or tdi conversion. American vehicles are junk and I laugh when I see so many people driving these jeeps as daily driver pavement pounders. Nothing like my old 1979 cj5 amc 4 speed with GMC 350 in it.

Loved it, then hated it
By T-Mac

2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It's a vehicle I have always wanted, so I got a 2010 JKU and loved the look and treated it like a baby. Just before paying off the loan at 5 years, several expensive (each approx. $700) repairs became a concern within a period of 6 months: alternator, brake booster, screeching sound, and not starting. The last straw was a master cylinder and other repairs that the dealer said would cost about $1,000 to fix. I was done and asked for the keys so I could trade it in for a reliable Japanese vehicle. It was fun for about 4 years and I got $17,300 trade-in after 5 years and 56k miles.

Love my Jeep
By Kent

2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

As my title says, I love my Jeep Wrangler Sport 4 door. Am not an off roader but instead needed a rugged vehicle with 4 wheel drive capability. This vehicle is fantastic and will go through almost anything mother nature throws at it. The four doors make it very convenient and the extra space in back is well appreciated. Gas mileage is decent although could be a little better. Highly recommend the Wrangler 4 door.

Comfort of front seats and even though I am tall seating position is perfect for me with all controls right at hand. Fantastic in bad weather. Very stable and controlled ride. Handles extremely well. Hardtop is a definite plus. Rear space is good.

Allow back seat to recline, too upright. Rear gate should be hinged so it stays open. Better fuel mileage.

It's About Time
By Back 2basics

2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my first jeep 18 years ago. Since then this is my 4th. As a prior jeep owner, I can say wow! This vehicle has made leaps and bounds since then. The ride is smooth and the handling is tight. Mostly everything that I used to say would improve the jeep has been addressed in the newer design. The front section of the Freedom Top is effortless to remove while the interior design is a drastic improvement. I hope the longevity of the 3.8 v6 is that of the old 4.0 straight 6.

It's a Jeep

Could use a little more zip and power mirrors.

It's Everything it Should Be
By Parker

2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The ride may have a few more bumps, the styling may be a bit more rugged, & your hair may get a little messed up. The Wrangler is everything you would expect it to be while giving the comfort and conveniences you may not. The controls, seats, and functionality have the same ease of use & comfort as the Commander or Cherokee. (We've owned all three and love each of them) I was afraid I wouldn't take the hard top off enough but it's so easy, I've been known to take it off & put it back on multiple times in the same day. I do wish that it came standard with rubber floor mats instead of the wimpy carpet ones and the cup holders could use a redesign.

The hard top is great. The front pieces remove with a few twists and are light enough for one person to handle with ease. The AC is impressive too. Even with a somewhat thin top, I can count on a cold interior on a hot day.

This is probably minor but what's up with manufacturers putting that weird "fringe" stuff around the parking break? It looks messed up from day one. The other thing that just doesn't hold up well are the sides of the cup holders that squeeze the cup. It's another minor issue that could be better.