Used 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

New jk sold to me with known Problems
By wtbuck

2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this JK on May 5,2011 and noticed battery light was on. Then it was alt, then battery cable, then oil change etc... Just the start of the delivery from Hell. Can't possibly get all the lies and bs on here. To make long story short today's date is June 14, 2011. I still have no air and according to corporate no date when they can get parts to fix problem. All I ever get is I can't tell you that I'm not authorized. I thought I bought a new vehicle. I feel like they used this Jeep for a parts vehicle of course they say no. But they can!

There's Only One Jeep
By Mazzuchelli

2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Needed a "dog" truck to more practically manage my pack. The Sahara is much easier for the dogs to enter with the back seat "tumbled" and it's a lot easier to keep clean than a regular SUV. This is my second Wrangler Sahara so I knew what to expect. This '10 seems much quieter than the '98 and the engine seems smoother. Miss the manual transmission but wanted a deal so had to work with dealer inventory. All-in- all this truck is a terrific, practical package I'll keep for the long haul. Thanks to the great people of Toledo for building this unique vehicle.

Favorite Features

The fact that it's a Jeep Wrangler, made in Toledo, Ohio. The color is gorgeous. Love the MPG capability and the multiple speakers are worth the extra bucks.

Suggested Improvements

Jeeps should be shod in American tires straight from the factory. This brand feels like they're trying to crawl off the wheels. Give me the "Goods" any day.

Dream Car!
By Jeepster

2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I recently purchased a 2010 2-door Sahara with the manual transmission. It is a blast to drive! Everything about the Wrangler has been impressive so far. . . I can't wait until it gets warm enough to take the top off!

Favorite Features

The ride! You will have a smile welded onto your face whenever you get behind the wheel. I love the interior- leather seats and the touch-screen media center in particular. Everything exceeds my expectations. Definitely get the upgraded audio system- sounds great even at highway speeds.

Suggested Improvements

I don't think the HDD recognizes iTunes purchases, at least not easily. Also, the bluetooth speakerphone could be louder.

Finally bought a Wrangler
By Doug

2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have been wanting a Wrangler since the beginning of 2009, but held off because I expected significant changes to the 2010 Wrangler. The rumor of the Penstar engine was already circulating, plus I was hoping for other surprises. I broke down and shelled out 30K for the 2010 Wrangler Sahara with side seat airbags and every other option you can get. I totally love the vehicle! I do not understand the critics or the people who complain about the ride and performance on the road. The Wrangler is an American icon and I read somewhere that the Wrangler is like a penguin, “awkward on land, but a bullet in the water”. Wrangler may be a little awkward on the road, but a bullet off road.

Favorite Features

The Wrangler is cool looking, and feels great when you drive around with the top off. No other off roaders gives you that option. Again, Wrangler is a lifestyle!

Suggested Improvements

I will be doing much camping, fishing, hiking, skiing and other outdoor endeavors, not mention that I have the ideal car to carry my dogs. What can I say? I love the car and did The only thing that will really tick me off is if they decided to put the Penstar in 2011.

Lovin' it so far
By BritMSU

2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Jeep ever, so I didn't know what to expect, but so far I am loving it. The car does take a lot of gas, but that was expected. Acceleration is alright, but it feels like the car is really working, but it handles city streets and the highway just fine. The interior is nice and much better than my 2002 Ford Escape. The premium sound system is a must. I had heated seats installed because of Michigan winters, but so far they have not been necessary. The soft top seems warm enough and is pretty quiet. The heater really gets it warm and quick. haven't had a chance to drive in snow...yet, but looking forward to it. Test drive before purchasing. Its a Wrangler

Favorite Features

The infinity stereo, heated seats, exterior and the interior. Get the side airbags to improve safety. The anti-spin differential if you live in the north is a must. Overall It is a great everyday car for my family and I.

Suggested Improvements

Gas. What else can be said