Used 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

2010 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Rock Stumper
By Velazquez

2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Just remember, it is an Off Road vehicle, specially the "Trail rated" model. Comfort is Not an option.
It helps the fact that 6 speed manuals helps a lot on top speed and gas mileage. Have Fun!

2010 wrangler mountain 3.8l
By scott

2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

excessive oil loss at 45,000... about 3-4 quarts every 2000 miles ..just out of warranty ,took it to a machine shop and the piston rings are stuck to the piston

Makes Me Smile Every Time
By alphadog10

2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have the soft top version, and wow, with the top down, it's so much fun, it just makes me smile and feel happy to drive around town.
With the top up, it's quieter than you might expect, but I prefer the top off every chance I can get.
The only thing I don't like about my Jeep is that it's absolutely terrible to drive on the freeway.
When I test drove it before I bought it, I really didn't spend much time driving it on the highway, but after living with it for a while, I sometimes wonder whether I made a good choice.
This is my one and only vehicle, and I think it makes a better second car than a primary one.
I find it terrifying on the freeway.

Removable soft top. Rugged looks and performance. Pretty good stereo, you can hear it clearly even with the top off and going fast down the road. The heater is super powerful. Puts a smile on your face.

More power - the engine is kind of gutless.

Yep Yep
By jthumanist

2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Been wanting a Jeep Wrangler for a long time.
Occasionally paruse the consumer reports and then it happened; a seeming nexus of all things good about the Wrangler came together in 2010.
So I went for it and have not looked back since.
The 2011 and 2012 models look like Jeep is trrying to get a broader customer base by making it gentler and kinder to the occupants.
A Jeep is a Jeep and should not be messed with unless adding accessories. Speaking of which, the 2010 Sport that I have was designed for add-on's; I'd rather do the stuff myself than buy factory installed.
Its my DD and my DFV (Daily Fun Vehicle).

Steering Cabin feel Mileage was a nice surprise Hard top The endless array of things I can put on it

Fun Toy
By mark3840

2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this Jeep (2 door) just to have a toy.
Got the Mountain Pkg.
Love the looks and seats.
Didn't go with the 2011 model because I hated the seat covers and the "softer" interior look.
This is an outdoor vehicle.
Why did they need to make it "softer to the touch?" It really needs more power.
It amazes me how quite the interior is with the soft top.
It's not a quite vehicle but it does well for a convertible with a soft top.
Seems like the stereo should be better.
I didn't get the subwoofer - but I honestly didn't feel it was much better anyway. I wouldn't recommend any Wrangler as a primary vehicle - especially if you drive a lot.
But I would buy another one because I love it.

It's cool! It's fun to drive. Had it for 3k miles and still haven't washed it!!

More power! Both hp and torque.