2010 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Makes Me Smile Every Time
By alphadog10 on 04/15/13 05:35 AM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have the soft top version, and wow, with the top down, it's so much fun, it just makes me smile and feel happy to drive around town. With the top up, it's quieter than you might expect, but I prefer the top off every chance I can get. The only thing I don't like about my Jeep is that it's absolutely terrible to drive on the freeway. When I test drove it before I bought it, I really didn't spend much time driving it on the highway, but after living with it for a while, I sometimes wonder whether I made a good choice. This is my one and only vehicle, and I think it makes a better second car than a primary one. I find it terrifying on the freeway.

Yep Yep
By jthumanist on 01/07/13 11:20 AM (PST)

2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Been wanting a Jeep Wrangler for a long time. Occasionally paruse the consumer reports and then it happened; a seeming nexus of all things good about the Wrangler came together in 2010. So I went for it and have not looked back since. The 2011 and 2012 models look like Jeep is trrying to get a broader customer base by making it gentler and kinder to the occupants. A Jeep is a Jeep and should not be messed with unless adding accessories. Speaking of which, the 2010 Sport that I have was designed for add-on's; I'd rather do the stuff myself than buy factory installed. Its my DD and my DFV (Daily Fun Vehicle).

New jk sold to me with known Problems
By wtbuck on 06/14/11 09:28 AM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this JK on May 5,2011 and noticed battery light was on. Then it was alt, then battery cable, then oil change etc... Just the start of the delivery from Hell. Can't possibly get all the lies and bs on here. To make long story short today's date is June 14, 2011. I still have no air and according to corporate no date when they can get parts to fix problem. All I ever get is I can't tell you that I'm not authorized. I thought I bought a new vehicle. I feel like they used this Jeep for a parts vehicle of course they say no. But they can!

Fun Toy
By mark3840 on 01/02/11 21:44 PM (PST)

2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this Jeep (2 door) just to have a toy. Got the Mountain Pkg. Love the looks and seats. Didn't go with the 2011 model because I hated the seat covers and the "softer" interior look. This is an outdoor vehicle. Why did they need to make it "softer to the touch?" It really needs more power. It amazes me how quite the interior is with the soft top. It's not a quite vehicle but it does well for a convertible with a soft top. Seems like the stereo should be better. I didn't get the subwoofer - but I honestly didn't feel it was much better anyway. I wouldn't recommend any Wrangler as a primary vehicle - especially if you drive a lot. But I would buy another one because I love it.

Four Wheeled Dirt Bike
By Mike on 12/01/10 10:38 AM (PST)

2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have had a number of Jeeps but, not the new JK Wrangler. A few weeks after buying it, we drove it from Indiana to Moab, UT and were pleasantly surprised at how well it rode, tight build quality, fuel economy (low of 18, high of 24), did not feel wore out at the end of the day, etc. We took it out on some mild Utah trails and this thing is awesome off road in stock trim! My wife is the daily driver of it and she absolutely loves it (weird as it sounds. went from a Jetta to the Wrangler). I have always thought Wranglers were the perfect vehicle for both summer and snowy winters. Not perfect but, IMHO, the imperfections are irrelevant. Buy one, they are a BLAST & hold a great resale

My jeep
By Rich on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have a 2010 and I love it. I have both tops, and there is no wind noise or water leakage, even in heavy rain. Best fun vehicle I have ever had. Infinity sound system is perfect, and the A/C was great even with the soft top at 95 outside. I drive at a normal rate and speed so the V6 is fine. High spreed is also fine, with good control on the road. What can I say, but that I love itI am 57 and i love the color and comfort. It is a bad boy! I owned a honda pilot, but this is much more fun. Glad I bought it.

Too much fun
By wolv on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Jeep and won't be my last what a great 4x4 a total blast to drive and a great value. Off road it's a demon nothing it cant handle if your buying for gas mileage buy something else, needs more power but I'm going to correct that. You cant beat the price or reliability nothing comes close in a 4x4 and tons of accessories to trick it out to your needs, but my truck got bad mileage and was nowhere near as fun to drive, won't buy a Chevy truck again got to have a Jeep

Love my Jeep
By Dennis on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Have had my 2010 Jeep Sport with hardtop for 3 weeks. MPG keeps moving up; now getting 22.9 mpg. Handles off road like a dream and in town the ride is quiet, maneuvers beautifully, and the red rock color with chrome package is an eye catcher. Puts the fun and adventure back into driving again. One rock-solid and handsome car. Now I understand the term, "It's a Jeep Thing!" It really is.

Soft Tops Leak Badly
By Zzooom on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I want to love this Jeep - the sunrider top is awesome - in 1 minute you can take off the top half doors and fold back the sunrider top and essentially be completely open air - its supposed to be my all weather vehicle, unfortunately, the top leaks so bad both driver and passenger foot wells fill up with water in even the lightest rain. This is a $26K vehicle that will be ruined in no time by water intrusion!

Love my Jeep
By Kent on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

As my title says, I love my Jeep Wrangler Sport 4 door. Am not an off roader but instead needed a rugged vehicle with 4 wheel drive capability. This vehicle is fantastic and will go through almost anything mother nature throws at it. The four doors make it very convenient and the extra space in back is well appreciated. Gas mileage is decent although could be a little better. Highly recommend the Wrangler 4 door.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Jeep Wrangler in VA is:

$110 per month*