Used 2010 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

lack of power
By Robert goff

2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

If you have any aftermarket parts like 95% of the jeeps out there such as bumpers, fenders , skid plates , winch etc. Your jk will significantly heavier than stock . The 3.8L v6 is a slow toad of a motor for a stock jk let alone a 6k pound vehicle making 200hp & low torque #s they should just make it come with a hemi like every other jeep model or at least a supercharged v6 option I have headers, exhaust, programmer, gearing, intake and my jeep is very slow getting up to speed the only way to get any power is to rev it to the moon which kills your mpg!

2010 wrangler mountain 3.8l
By scott

2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

excessive oil loss at 45,000... about 3-4 quarts every 2000 miles ..just out of warranty ,took it to a machine shop and the piston rings are stuck to the piston

3.8 Minivan motor is junk
By iamatt

2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Wife had to have a jeep and she picked an 2010 3.8 with the 42RLE. Performed engine flush and amsoil signature series for the oil. The motor spun a bearing 2 thousand miles before the warranty was gone. So brand new long block was installed after not having the POS for a month. The 3.8 is a minivan motor which eats oil and spins bearings like there is no tomorrow. We are probably going to lift it a couple of inches, throw on some tires, dbag led light bar and sell it. Only way I would have a newer jeep now is if it had the hemi conversion or tdi conversion. American vehicles are junk and I laugh when I see so many people driving these jeeps as daily driver pavement pounders. Nothing like my old 1979 cj5 amc 4 speed with GMC 350 in it.

Loved it, then hated it
By T-Mac

2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It's a vehicle I have always wanted, so I got a 2010 JKU and loved the look and treated it like a baby. Just before paying off the loan at 5 years, several expensive (each approx. $700) repairs became a concern within a period of 6 months: alternator, brake booster, screeching sound, and not starting. The last straw was a master cylinder and other repairs that the dealer said would cost about $1,000 to fix. I was done and asked for the keys so I could trade it in for a reliable Japanese vehicle. It was fun for about 4 years and I got $17,300 trade-in after 5 years and 56k miles.

Makes Me Smile Every Time
By alphadog10

2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have the soft top version, and wow, with the top down, it's so much fun, it just makes me smile and feel happy to drive around town. With the top up, it's quieter than you might expect, but I prefer the top off every chance I can get. The only thing I don't like about my Jeep is that it's absolutely terrible to drive on the freeway. When I test drove it before I bought it, I really didn't spend much time driving it on the highway, but after living with it for a while, I sometimes wonder whether I made a good choice. This is my one and only vehicle, and I think it makes a better second car than a primary one. I find it terrifying on the freeway.

Removable soft top. Rugged looks and performance. Pretty good stereo, you can hear it clearly even with the top off and going fast down the road. The heater is super powerful. Puts a smile on your face.

More power - the engine is kind of gutless.

• SUV