2009 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: 18 months later, not one compl

2009 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Review

Unlimited Sahara Convertible SUV (3.8L V6 4x4 6-speed Manual)

18 months later, not one complaint
By greysmoke on

2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd Jeep Wrangler. The first was a '95; great fun. Then an '00; even better. The '09 4-door is a Jeep for grownups. The longer wheelbase makes for a much more comfortable ride. They've made the new ones much wider, too. I'm not completely sold on the 3.8 V6, but so far, so good. Most important points: (1) It's a Jeep. (2) Nothing has gone wrong. I've not had any work done on this Jeep except for fluid changes. For experienced Jeep owners, this model is much more civilized than what you're used to. For those new to a Jeep, be warned: it's still a real Jeep, and that means it's not going to suit everybody.

"Freedom" top is kind of practical. Good compromise between the old 1 piece hard top and the soft top, and mine at least doesn't leak. Still getting used to the power windows, but they're OK. Navigation system is awesome. The Remote Starter is weird to have on a Jeep, but now I'm spoiled.

I'm not sold on the plastic covered bumpers. I prefer the older models. When I open the driver's door on a rainy day, the gutter on the hard top channels a stream of water targeted precisely on my knees as I get inside. As long as it has power locks & windows, may as well add remote mirror controls.
By junkjeep
on 01/23/11 13:50 PM (PST)

WELL AREN'T YOU LUCKY I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS.. From the transmission leaks, to the back window leaks not to mention recalled items.... I am now suffering with the airbag light going on and off and beeping and this already happened one time.. They said it was the clockspring in the steering wheel last time I had to wait almost a month for the part. I am sick of this problemed vehicle.... Love the way it looks and tired of missing work cuz it is in the shop