Great all around vehicle
By mdirvin on
2009 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)
We purchased the jeep to tag along with our RV. It has been the perfect choice. My wife loves the way it drives around town, its comfortable on the highway. We have been able to go places that we never could have in a less capable vehicle. We are now able to go on unimproved/unmaintained service roads in MT, and CO to do hiking and photography. The gas mileage is much better than expected. We have never gotten less than 20mpg, over the road I get 24+, and of course my wife gets 26+. She just has a gentler right foot. Its getting to the point now that if I want some "Jeep" time I might have to get one for myself. We are thinking of getting small trailer, and heading up to Alaska in 2010.
Favorite Features
The freedom it gives us to go places that would be impossible to reach in a less capable vehicle. We have done some hiking that was impossible before. The ride, and handling is excellent much better than expected. We are really pleased with the gas milage, after the terrible reports we had heard.
Suggested Improvements
Having driven manual transmissions all my life this is my first automatic. My wife insisted. While I am finding the auto is better on rough uneven roads I miss the engine braking. I would like to see some sort of exhaust brake or computer programed downshifting. So it would not freewheel downhill.