2009 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: Once a Jeep Owner- Always a Je

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Review

Once a Jeep Owner- Always a Jeep Owner
By tjd on

2009 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My first Jeep was a liberty 06. I just recently purchased an 09 2 Door Wrangler. First let me say I'm a college student so I don't mind a little bit of ruggedness. I drive up to Phoenix from Tucson (160 mile drive) three times a month and I have to say I don't mind driving on the high way at all. I have a hard top. Ive dricing with no top but I find best is to drive with only the two front panels on. MPG are best at around 65mp: I've seen around 23, 24 mpg. But I usually do about 80mph so I avg like 18mpg. Around town I've seen 13 (I know). I haven't taken it off roading yet but it is such a fun car to drive and ride around in especially if you live in a nice place like Arizona!

My favorite feature is the built in Sat. Radio, which you need to upgrade to get.

Just be aware that the hard top is HEAVY and takes 2 to 3 strong people to take it off. And from experience soft tops are a pain.