2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
2009 Jeep JK Wrangler Review
By Brad on 02/03/09 12:07 PM (PST)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd Wrangler: YJ, TJ and now the JK. The completely redesigned JK is noticeably larger with a better ride and more spacious interior. The straight-six 4L engine has given way to the venerable 3.8L minivan engine, which has more horsepower, but less torque. The gas tank has been moved forward to improve the angle of departure. The soft top can now open partially, and the 3-piece hard top option makes for easier removal. Sound system is improved with larger speakers and dash-mounted tweeters, with Sirius satellite as an option. Tow hooks and fog lamps are now standard equipment. Vehicle feels larger, and sits higher. Outstanding off-road.

This Jeep Rocks
By jay on 01/25/09 18:08 PM (PST)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've always wanted a Jeep, but with 3 kids it never happened. But with the Unlimited 4dr, it's now possible. I got the Rubicon with remote start, dual tops, GPS, and other extras. This thing is awesome. The new Orange color for '09 just seems to glow. Haven't had the top off yet, but can't wait for Spring weather to lose the hard-top, which is actually very quiet on the road. The longer wheelbase of the Unlimited removed the "squirreliness" on the highway that the Jeeps of yesteryear seemed to suffer from. Even the 2dr version is much more stable than the pre-2007 Wranglers.

Newer Owner
By Satisfied Buyer on 01/03/09 02:52 AM (PST)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I am very satisfied to date with my purchase of an '09 Unlimited Sahara. I ended up getting a fairly loaded Jeep, dual top, 6 disk CD, GPS, chrome package. It has a comfortable interior and highway ride. With the hard top option the ride is as quiet as my HD pickup. The exterior look is outstanding. I plan on keeping this for quite a few years so added the additional Jeep bumper to bumper full life time warranty. I never thought that I would own a auto, especially a 4X4, that had a lifetime B-B warranty. This lifetime drivetrain and optional B-B warranty were the icing on the cake that sealed my decision to go with a Jeep over some of the other competitor products that I had reviewed.

Love my new Jeep Wrangler
By kentkpa on 12/24/08 14:34 PM (PST)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've always wanted a Jeep Wrangler but never could quite justify not having the ever so practical and boring sedan. Finally took the plunge in 11/2008 and WOW! To think that I could have been having fun in this vehicle years ago! Not only is it fun to drive and will go anywhere, its a real head turner. I still have a sedan for work but when I really want to drive instead of commute - I take my Jeep. Like the title of this review says, "Love my new Jeep"!!!

much improved wrangler
By Brian on 12/16/08 02:59 AM (PST)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned two other wranglers in the past, the latest being an '01. This one blows the other away. The exterior, as always, is beautifully designed. The interior has more leg and hip room than the previous generation, and the soft top is remarkably quiet. I just took this on a 150 mile mostly highway trip, (in some nasty wind)and wind noise wasn't that bad at all. It did sway a bit in high winds, but that is to be expected.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Jeep Wrangler Suv in VA is:

$111 per month*