2009 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Too Much Fun Not to Drive
By NC Aussie on 03/24/09 12:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have owner a string of BMW's then a MINI and thought they were fun to drive, but the Jeep is a blast. It IS a Jeep tho, and do not expect sedan like ride or all the bells and whistles in the interior, but if you want a vehicle that goes anywhere, turns heads and is just more fun to drive than you thought you could have then a Jeep Wrangler maybe for you! It came with satellite radio and power windows/locks and I thought - ahh ok, but I have not put in a CD or listened to commercial radio since I drove it off the lot. The Jeep is similar to my Harley in what is available aftermarket; I already have off road bumpers and look to add wheels and tires, headers, exhaust, etc. in the future.

'09's the charm!
By Todd on 03/13/09 08:36 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I traded my '08 Rubicon two-door for an '09 Rubicon four-door(my family is growing!) about a month ago. The '08 turned out to be a great Jeep, but it had a couple of initial problems with the hardtop leaking and a defective catalytic converter. My '09 is trouble-free, and I couldn't be happier. I used to think the four-doors were ugly, but the look has really grown on me. They're only about 20 inches longer than the two-doors, and the amount of extra space you get is amazing. I'm not quite sure how the engineers did it, but I sure like it! Plus it's a Rubicon. I've owned a lot of cars and I've never been happier with one of my decisions.

The Only Way to Go!
By Scooter on 03/08/09 12:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

After months of searching and comparing, we finally purchased a 2009 Unlimited. This is our first Jeep and our first American car in a long time. We got the Unlimited X with all power options, satellite radio, tow package and dual tops. As you search for your next vehicle, remember, your comparison is not between other SUVs and the Jeep; it is whether or not you want a Jeep. If you want an SUV, then get an SUV. If you want a rig that will go anywhere without the top on, then this is the rig for you. If you want to take the doors off, then go ahead, why not, only Jeep owners can! The ride quality is better than expected and the Lifetime Powertrain warranty (original owner only) is great.

More comfortable than you'd expect
By Keith on 03/03/09 07:36 AM (PST)

2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Went looking for a potential third vehicle, but went ahead and traded in my BMW. The ride on this Jeep is surprisingly comfortable. I've just had it 2 weeks, but can tell I'm going to enjoy it for a long time.

What a bargain!!!
By What a bargain!!! on 02/28/09 08:01 AM (PST)

2009 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

For years I wanted to buy a Wrangler. Every time I went to Hawaii, I'd insist we rent one. I finally talked my wife into it. The back seat is much bigger than I remembered. I saved $7500 off sticker and got 0% financing for 4 years. I never thought I would find a deal this sweet. My other car is an '05 Porsche Carrera. Call me crazy, but I have only driven the Porsche once since getting the Jeep. I was planning on giving the Jeep to my son when he turns 16, but we'll see if that actually happens.

What a difference
By Janson on 02/27/09 13:20 PM (PST)

2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I owned a 95 wrangler,which I loved but what an improvement they have made. Better ride, no whistling through the windows and with the addition of the four doors, much easier entry. The passenger room in the back is better than most of the other suvs I looked at. If you get the stick sift make sure you get the 3.73 gear and not the 3.21 ratio the difference in performance is like night and day.

wrangler unlimited fun daily driver
By jw44 on 02/26/09 09:52 AM (PST)

2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Wrangler 4-door Sahara for 3 months and have had no problems. I have a long daily commute to work, but since I bought my wrangler I don't mind the 68 mile round trip. This Jeep is fun to drive. The 3.8 v6 engine has plenty of power and with 4,000 miles my combined city/highway mileage is 20.6 mpg as of today. My hardtop has no water leaks and is surprisingly quiet at highway speeds. The standard 18" Bridgestone tires are the best rain tires I have ever driven. No snow here in LA (Lower Alabama) but we have plenty of rain.

Rocky Mountain Wrangler
By JetMech on 02/24/09 02:46 AM (PST)

2009 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I recently purchased a orange 2009 Sahara 2dr hardtop. It is loaded with all the goodies that make driving fun and comfortable. It is very quiet even at highway speeds and free of rattles and squeaks. Handling is good and it has a very tight turning radius, the ride can be a little choppy at times. The auto trans/eng combo works well, smooth shifting and adequate power along with 20 mpg economy. The exterior.... Awesome! The interior... Is somewhat unrefined with a lot of hard plastic, the seats are very comfortable. The climate control works well as does the my gig system, all of the controls are easy to use and the instrument panel is easy to read. I really enjoy driving my wrangler, it rocks!

All American Quality + Value
By Dennis on 02/16/09 07:30 AM (PST)

2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Edmunds review is too harsh for the Wrangler Unlimited (4 door). Ride is more sure-footed than the 2002 Liberty it replaced. Styling is simple, and superb. Gets many compliments. Gas mileage runs about 16.5 local driving; not much highway experience yet to comment. Two option musts: side air bags (<$500) and hard top. Fabulous deals to be had (I'm in Northeast); 0% financing over 4 years. Buy American. This vehicle is styling, fun and fabulous value for your dollar. If you have to buy now (like me) think about this one.

AWESOME!
By Blake on 02/09/09 12:45 PM (PST)

2009 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this Jeep about 2 weeks ago and I love it. It handles great on and off road and the soft top is much quieter than I expected. My wife and I hit some trails this past weekend and this thing is unstoppable. We covered lots of mud and rocks and it never even slipped. My only complaint so far is the operation of the soft top. It comes off fairly easily, but getting it back up was tough, though not as bad as I have heard some say. Bottom line: the Wrangler jk is awesome!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Jeep Wrangler in VA is:

$112 per month*