Used 2009 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Great all around vehicle
By mdirvin

2009 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

We purchased the jeep to tag along with our RV. It has been the perfect choice. My wife loves the way it drives around town, its comfortable on the highway. We have been able to go places that we never could have in a less capable vehicle. We are now able to go on unimproved/unmaintained service roads in MT, and CO to do hiking and photography. The gas mileage is much better than expected. We have never gotten less than 20mpg, over the road I get 24+, and of course my wife gets 26+. She just has a gentler right foot. Its getting to the point now that if I want some "Jeep" time I might have to get one for myself. We are thinking of getting small trailer, and heading up to Alaska in 2010.

The freedom it gives us to go places that would be impossible to reach in a less capable vehicle. We have done some hiking that was impossible before. The ride, and handling is excellent much better than expected. We are really pleased with the gas milage, after the terrible reports we had heard.

Having driven manual transmissions all my life this is my first automatic. My wife insisted. While I am finding the auto is better on rough uneven roads I miss the engine braking. I would like to see some sort of exhaust brake or computer programed downshifting. So it would not freewheel downhill.

Always wanted Jeep and now I have one
By Gene Lee

2009 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have wanted a Jeep since high school and when I reach 65 I bought a Wrangler X 2 door 4WD. I really love driving the Jeep, my wife drives a lincoln and I have not driven her car since buying my Jeep. In fact she had to go out of town last week and asked if she could drive my Jeep. I get between 20 and 21 MPG driving about 65 MPH. I have the 24S option which has every thing I wanted. I will use it as my tailgate vehicle this fall and look forward to talking about my SOONER red Jeep.

I really like the soft top and the ease of driving in town and on the road, the wind, and we have a lot of wind in Oklahoma, is no problem. The sound system with the speakers on the roll bar is great.

More interior storage would be great and front fender extensions to keep mud and dirt off of my doors would be great. Otherwise I can't think of anything to make my Jeep better

Fun Ride
By Kurt

2009 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

It is nothing fancy but what a fun car to own. Have both a Wrangler and BMW 750i. Would much rather drive the Jeep. Nothing better than cruising around with the top down on a Saturday afternoon. I highly recommend this vehicle. Get ready to wave at all the other Jeep owners. You are part of a family.

Nice Engine with plenty of power. Solid 4 Wheel Drive powertrain. Great Lifetime warranty.

Better Gas Mileage would be nice. The top takes awhile to take down and put back up.

Love the Sahara
By Dan

2009 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my first Sahara in 1998. I Put 100,000 miles on it with no major problems. Just bought a 2009 2dr Sahara...absolutely LOVE IT! I must admit I test drove other SUV's before making my purchase. The others just don't compare. The Sahara is solid, rides great, is quiet (with hardtop) and is a very reliable, fun vehicle to own! (and, if you have to, you can go wherever you want!)

Looks, cargo space (for golf clubs), Infinity stereo, smooth ride, turns on a dime (and turns heads), Freedom hard top is easy to use, no blind spots. Previous Jeep owners will definitely appreciate...New Jeep owners will be glad they bought!

Bigger cup holders (LOL but true)

Best Jeep Wrangler EVER
By hawk

2009 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

fun to drive and people look at your jeep as they wish they had one.

styling and freedom top. does not leak even in a car wash.

access to rear seat.