Used 2009 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

2009 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Dont Buy Jeep
By Run while you can

2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Problems from day 1, water leaks in like a river (hard top), can't be fixed and caused rust in only a few months. Underpowered, driven 4cly cars that have more power. Had a cracked radiator. Many electric problems, odometer not working, windows not working, doors locking on their own, and more. The seats will kill your back, very uncomfortable. Headlights are VERY poor, worthless if you do a lot of night driving. Bought brand new and this all happened in the first 4 months of having it. The only good thing to say about it is that it preforms well off road.

Favorite Features

Getting rid of it, has been a nightmare owning. The lemon law really saved me.

Suggested Improvements

Stop selling them until they can be made leak free, it's not a jeep thing. Give it seats that are comfortable and an engine that can at least compete with a moped.

3rd Jeep
By Bruce

2009 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My 09 Rubi does everything I've asked. If I wanted great gas mileage I would have bought a Yaris, high performance on the road a mustang and tow a trailer a pickup. This is a fun vehicle that does a lot of things well, but off roading excellent.

Favorite Features

Rubicon off road system, easy to maneuver, hill start assist.

Suggested Improvements

Plastic fenders that do not stain so easily. Offer a sun roof vice the 3 piece top. Put the window controls on the DOOR panel where they belong.

My Yellow Jeep
By Orlando Rodriguez de

2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Well, being this the first time I own a Wrangler, I do not feel like I have too much to compare. All I have to say right now is that having one itís a lot of fun for me and for my family as well. It is a totally different sort of car, not comfortable at all, but it is a jeep. Not good on gas efficiency, but again it is a jeep and you have to pay for the fun part. First thing first, I recommend everyone is to upgrade the rims and tires; the factory ones are ridiculous for a jeep as well the plastic bumpers.

Oh What a Mistake!!!
By marie

2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I was so excited to get my good looking red rock 4dr Jeep! It looks great and I purchased it with all the bells and whistles. (navi, big tires hardtop) two days after having it, I stalled in the middle of an intersection. The alarm works sometimes and other times I have to use the key to open and the alarm goes off until I quickly stick the key in the ignition, water pours on the headrest when I am driving when it rains, I have brought it back 4 times and they cannot stop the leaking.. This is not dripping water but pouring water.

Favorite Features

Getting rid of it! I am currently looking into the lemon law. I am so disappointed! Please check consumer complaints before buying this, I would hate to see anyone go thru what I have.

Suggested Improvements

Change the whole hard top and fix the problem, of course this has been a problem for years and they have yet to fix it..

I Will Always Own A Jeep
By jeepguy

2009 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second Jeep, I leased a 2007. This one I purchased. I have the same complaints as before: Terrible mileage, performance, wind noise, even low highway speeds can be a test of will. Did I mention an interior that is 20 years out of style and very poor handling as well. All that being said, this is still the best car I have ever owned since my last Jeep. I still can not explain it. I can only tell you, you must own one to understand. They really are the most fun you can have driving short of a Ferrari.

Favorite Features

It does what it was meant to do well.

Suggested Improvements

More interior compartments/storage.