2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Dont Buy Jeep
By Run while you can on 03/01/10 02:30 AM (PST)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Problems from day 1, water leaks in like a river (hard top), can't be fixed and caused rust in only a few months. Underpowered, driven 4cly cars that have more power. Had a cracked radiator. Many electric problems, odometer not working, windows not working, doors locking on their own, and more. The seats will kill your back, very uncomfortable. Headlights are VERY poor, worthless if you do a lot of night driving. Bought brand new and this all happened in the first 4 months of having it. The only good thing to say about it is that it preforms well off road.

3rd Jeep
By Bruce on 02/04/10 20:44 PM (PST)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My 09 Rubi does everything I've asked. If I wanted great gas mileage I would have bought a Yaris, high performance on the road a mustang and tow a trailer a pickup. This is a fun vehicle that does a lot of things well, but off roading excellent.

My Yellow Jeep
By Orlando Rodriguez de on 02/02/10 10:51 AM (PST)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Well, being this the first time I own a Wrangler, I do not feel like I have too much to compare. All I have to say right now is that having one itÂ’s a lot of fun for me and for my family as well. It is a totally different sort of car, not comfortable at all, but it is a jeep. Not good on gas efficiency, but again it is a jeep and you have to pay for the fun part. First thing first, I recommend everyone is to upgrade the rims and tires; the factory ones are ridiculous for a jeep as well the plastic bumpers.

Oh What a Mistake!!!
By marie on 01/19/10 11:06 AM (PST)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I was so excited to get my good looking red rock 4dr Jeep! It looks great and I purchased it with all the bells and whistles. (navi, big tires hardtop) two days after having it, I stalled in the middle of an intersection. The alarm works sometimes and other times I have to use the key to open and the alarm goes off until I quickly stick the key in the ignition, water pours on the headrest when I am driving when it rains, I have brought it back 4 times and they cannot stop the leaking.. This is not dripping water but pouring water.

I Will Always Own A Jeep
By jeepguy on 01/17/10 13:10 PM (PST)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second Jeep, I leased a 2007. This one I purchased. I have the same complaints as before: Terrible mileage, performance, wind noise, even low highway speeds can be a test of will. Did I mention an interior that is 20 years out of style and very poor handling as well. All that being said, this is still the best car I have ever owned since my last Jeep. I still can not explain it. I can only tell you, you must own one to understand. They really are the most fun you can have driving short of a Ferrari.

SILVER RUBI
By LR on 01/12/10 02:26 AM (PST)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my silver rubicon for about at year. I love this jeep. I wanted one of these for a few years before I actually made the purchase. I'm still in love. Of course the rubi has its quirks, there is not alot of room, and is not great on gas, but the pros outweigh the cons. The rubi will go through anything. The rubi looks sharp. It is fun to drive and a total blast to taking the top off. Bottom line is it is a JEEP. It is not a cadillac or a station wagon.

Gutless
By downtheroad on 12/28/09 13:53 PM (PST)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This 4 door unlimited with 4.10 and stock tires can't move itself down mostly flat roads and 20mph winds. The interior is extremely cheap. Tow rated for 3500, I couldn't pleasantly (by any means) tow my 350 lb motorcycle trailer with 1,000 lbs of motorcycle and gear on it. Guess I'll wait for the 2012 pentastar motor and then looked for a used 2 door later - hope they do something for the interior too. Nice to look at. Nice convertible options -- overall - I sold it 3 months after buying it!

2009 Jeep Wrangler X 4x4
By lovemyjeep on 11/18/09 15:36 PM (PST)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My dad bought me my first car last month and I love it! I wanted a Liberty instead, but I'm so glad he convinced me. We bought it for the purpose of off roading in the desert. It rides so much better than our old Jeep. The hard top is very easy to take off. The design is great. My dad even drives it instead of his Mercedes to work because it's so much fun to drive. My mom wants to trade her Tahoe for a four door model!!

Fun to Drive ....Soldier Toy Car
By Edwin Ramos on 11/01/09 16:43 PM (PST)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

After been deploy in many locations. I look for a vehicle that was reliable and fun to drive and that vehicle was the JEEP WRANGLER with 2S pack 4X4. The vehicle can climb anything and do anything.I just love it and cant wait until summer comes so i can put the top down. I learn how to drive standard in a Army 1/4 ton JEEP back in 1989. We just have a relationship that have make me fall in love with this icon .

2009 Jeep Wrangler X 2-DR
By Laura Stuart on 10/22/09 11:46 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have NEVER owned a Jeep before and I am so happy with my purchase. I also have a 2008 Dodge Hemi Quad Cab through this dealership. Although the two vehicles are night and day...I'd rather be in the Jeep! It is the best riding vehicle I have ever owned. I will never own anything ever else! Thanks for building a wonderful and AMERICAN made product!!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Jeep Wrangler Suv in VA is:

$111 per month*