2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Mixed Feelings on our Bailout Buggy
By JDH on 10/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Got this bailout buggy in 4/09 and have 17,500 miles. The transmission went out at 14,000 miles and it's been a downward spiral ever since to the point that we are considering trading this in for something else. Before that, though, we loved the car. While performance is mediocre, nothing beats a topless Jeep in the summer. Keep the tops off, though, as long as possible since they were poorly designed and engineered. The hard top leaks consistently. Fuel economy is lackluster around town at 14 mpg, but shines on the freeway at 20 mpg at 75 mph. No complaints on the interior of the vehicle, so far. The Sahara model specifically has a smooth ride as well. Also, the 4x4 system is beyond great.

Jeep Wrangler
By Dacoda on 10/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Had a 1995 Jeep Wrangler Sahara for 13 years. Bought the New 4 door and just love it. Now I find myself looking at the New 2011 Jeep Wrangler 4 door. They changed the inside and some more equipment. It is now your every day drive with comfort and extras and your off road toy. What a great way to get it all in one package.

Gutless
By downtheroad on 12/28/09 13:53 PM (PST)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This 4 door unlimited with 4.10 and stock tires can't move itself down mostly flat roads and 20mph winds. The interior is extremely cheap. Tow rated for 3500, I couldn't pleasantly (by any means) tow my 350 lb motorcycle trailer with 1,000 lbs of motorcycle and gear on it. Guess I'll wait for the 2012 pentastar motor and then looked for a used 2 door later - hope they do something for the interior too. Nice to look at. Nice convertible options -- overall - I sold it 3 months after buying it!

Love it
By simplefello on 09/23/09 10:03 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I traded my 200 Silverado single cab z- 71 for this vehicle because of a growing family. I love the jeep and have ever since I rented one for a week. This thing gets so many looks and is very capable off road. I really love that it can fit two car seats in it and I can still feel like a real man...lol.

New To Jeep
By Rubi Rules on 04/30/09 21:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

We've owned numerous brands, various models. Traded a 4X4 Suburban for a Prius. We missed the off-road experiences and recently purchased the '09 Rubicon (kept the Prius, thank God). The Rubi was taken off-road immediately in the California desert. Buttes, sand, rock, highway, all very enjoyable. The side airbags were a must for our family. The Navi with it's "breadcrumb" feature is a plus. Music beats and movies move with the sound system. Very happy with the decision to buy this Jeep. v/r, br

GOBICON!!
By GOBICON!! on 04/18/09 14:59 PM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 09 Rubicon 4 door JK just recently. The first thing i did was take my wife out to Hollister Hills to see what it was capable of... We spent the better part of 5 hours on every "Blue Diamond" trail (Intermediate rating) and it just asked for more! 4 low and all locked up with the sway disconnect,this thing is ridiculously capable of more than you might be tempted to throw its way. So far, I have basically made the undercarriage bulletproof. big tip of the day is: 1- ARB front diff. cover 2- AEV rear diff. slider This JK has exceeded my expectations thus far.

'09's the charm!
By Todd on 03/13/09 08:36 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I traded my '08 Rubicon two-door for an '09 Rubicon four-door(my family is growing!) about a month ago. The '08 turned out to be a great Jeep, but it had a couple of initial problems with the hardtop leaking and a defective catalytic converter. My '09 is trouble-free, and I couldn't be happier. I used to think the four-doors were ugly, but the look has really grown on me. They're only about 20 inches longer than the two-doors, and the amount of extra space you get is amazing. I'm not quite sure how the engineers did it, but I sure like it! Plus it's a Rubicon. I've owned a lot of cars and I've never been happier with one of my decisions.

This Jeep Rocks
By jay on 01/25/09 18:08 PM (PST)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've always wanted a Jeep, but with 3 kids it never happened. But with the Unlimited 4dr, it's now possible. I got the Rubicon with remote start, dual tops, GPS, and other extras. This thing is awesome. The new Orange color for '09 just seems to glow. Haven't had the top off yet, but can't wait for Spring weather to lose the hard-top, which is actually very quiet on the road. The longer wheelbase of the Unlimited removed the "squirreliness" on the highway that the Jeeps of yesteryear seemed to suffer from. Even the 2dr version is much more stable than the pre-2007 Wranglers.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Jeep Wrangler Suv in VA is:

$122 per month*