2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
The Last Car.
By The Last Car on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I call this "the last car" because I will never drive anything else. That said, it is not a "car" as much as a street legal toy. A giant go-cart. The feeling of driving a jeep is incomparable, but certainly not for everyone. In fact, if you even have to debate whether you should; then you probably shouldn't. If you are comfortable, however, with the idea of changing a heavy stubborn top (hard or soft), having little freeway acceleration, and generally driving a giant go-cart; then this is the car for you! You have to be prepared to think of your Jeep as a street-legal toy to really appreciate it. (Also, get the manual transmission or just get yourself a minivan)

Off-road beast
By SFC EDWIN RAMOS on 09/04/10 14:11 PM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

The Jeep is not fast and the fuel economy is poor. But the Jeep wrangler, regardless of the trim, is the best off road vehicle that I have ever drive. My first experience was in the jungles of Panama. I saw a Jeep wrangler assigned to the us embassy negotiating hard terrain. After that I promised I would get one.

Fun junk
By 09jeep on 08/10/10 03:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This thing is a fun. There is nothing like being able to drive with no roof and no doors, no other new vehicle can do that. Not to mention the offroad capability, which is also unmatched. Having said that, this is the worst vehicle I've ever owned. 7000 miles and the clutch has gone bad 3 times. (throwout bearing noise - common problem) Also leaking hardtop, lots of other small problems. Cheap materials and build quality everywhere you look. Check out some JK wrangler forums, mine isn't the only one with issues. "It's a jeep thing" doesn't change the fact that $30,000 ought to get you a better vehicle than this.

My first Jeep
By 09JPX on 05/14/10 00:22 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have always wanted to buy myself a Jeep. I finally got a job where I could afford to get what I wanted. Although it is a much different driving experience than my Honda Accord, it is so much more fun to drive. I have taken it off roading just once so far. Waiting for summer to take the top off and keep it off. And I also would like to do some upgrades to it. It is taking me a while to get used to all the gas that it guzzles, but it is a JEEP. Looking forward to driving up into the mountains for fishing and camping this summer. All in all, I am very happy with my purchase.

I Will Always Own A Jeep
By jeepguy on 01/17/10 13:10 PM (PST)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second Jeep, I leased a 2007. This one I purchased. I have the same complaints as before: Terrible mileage, performance, wind noise, even low highway speeds can be a test of will. Did I mention an interior that is 20 years out of style and very poor handling as well. All that being said, this is still the best car I have ever owned since my last Jeep. I still can not explain it. I can only tell you, you must own one to understand. They really are the most fun you can have driving short of a Ferrari.

2009 Jeep Wrangler X 4x4
By lovemyjeep on 11/18/09 15:36 PM (PST)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My dad bought me my first car last month and I love it! I wanted a Liberty instead, but I'm so glad he convinced me. We bought it for the purpose of off roading in the desert. It rides so much better than our old Jeep. The hard top is very easy to take off. The design is great. My dad even drives it instead of his Mercedes to work because it's so much fun to drive. My mom wants to trade her Tahoe for a four door model!!

Fun to Drive ....Soldier Toy Car
By Edwin Ramos on 11/01/09 16:43 PM (PST)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

After been deploy in many locations. I look for a vehicle that was reliable and fun to drive and that vehicle was the JEEP WRANGLER with 2S pack 4X4. The vehicle can climb anything and do anything.I just love it and cant wait until summer comes so i can put the top down. I learn how to drive standard in a Army 1/4 ton JEEP back in 1989. We just have a relationship that have make me fall in love with this icon .

2009 Jeep Wrangler X 2-DR
By Laura Stuart on 10/22/09 11:46 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have NEVER owned a Jeep before and I am so happy with my purchase. I also have a 2008 Dodge Hemi Quad Cab through this dealership. Although the two vehicles are night and day...I'd rather be in the Jeep! It is the best riding vehicle I have ever owned. I will never own anything ever else! Thanks for building a wonderful and AMERICAN made product!!!

great suv
By kj's jk on 10/12/09 13:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my Jeep Wrangler to drive in winter. Although I have not driven it in poor weather yet, I really love my Jeep! It is so much fun to drive. I sit up high but do not feel at all like it is a big car! The controls are very convenient and easy to use.

Finally got it
By iceman on 10/10/09 04:14 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my X sight unseen via email with my dealer. I took the only X they had at the time. I have wanted one for quite awhile and have been completely happy with my purchase. It's is so much fun to take the top down and just drive. Mileage is 20-21 which is good. I bought it for the winter snow, but am sure I won't be able to wait for spring.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Jeep Wrangler Suv in VA is:

$112 per month*