Used 2009 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

3rd Jeep
By Bruce

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My 09 Rubi does everything I've asked. If I wanted great gas mileage I would have bought a Yaris, high performance on the road a mustang and tow a trailer a pickup. This is a fun vehicle that does a lot of things well, but off roading excellent.

Rubicon off road system, easy to maneuver, hill start assist.

Plastic fenders that do not stain so easily. Offer a sun roof vice the 3 piece top. Put the window controls on the DOOR panel where they belong.

Niche Product Delivers Fun Times
By pennfootball71

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is not a car to drive to the grocery store and bring your Grandmother/Mother/Sister/Wife/Girlfriend/Mistress! This is s purpose built "offroad" vehicle with some garnish of comfort. The Navigation system is excellent and leaves "crumbs" to find your way back on an unmarked trail. The 4WD system is best in low range when you lock the front and rear differentials. Do not skimp and get a cheaper Wrangler, you truly get what you pay for with the Rubicon model with beefier axles, better gearing, offroad tires, differentials, and an electronic disconnecting anti roll bar for better wheel articulation.

Easy to wash! Freedom Top is remarkably refined and easy to take off. Bumpy ride quality to fend off the fluff. Fantastic brakes with thick rotors. Buttery smooth shifting automatic.

More powerful"Phoenix" V6 they are going to use in the 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee. V8's would make it too front heavy the V6 has better weight packaging behind the front axle.

It's A Jeep!
By jeep450

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My first new vehicle was a 1979 CJ-7 and I had to get rid of it when I started a family. I always swore I'd have another, and with the kids gone, the 30 year anniversary of my first Jeep seemed like a great time. This one is far superior in comfort and ride, but when you the pavement ends, it's still a Jeep! I bought it for $6K off sticker and have have a blast buying after market add-ons for it. This vehicle is just plain fun to drive, whether on or off road. It is not my primary vehicle, but I consider it a safe alternative to riding a motorcycle. If you've always wanted one, get it! If your more concerned about mpg and cargo space than fun, forget about it. I have no regrets!

Dropping the soft top and leaving the doors behind! There's nothing like having just a roll bar between you and mother nature.

Less interior plastic trim.