2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Great all around vehicle
By mdirvin on 09/07/09 16:42 PM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

We purchased the jeep to tag along with our RV. It has been the perfect choice. My wife loves the way it drives around town, its comfortable on the highway. We have been able to go places that we never could have in a less capable vehicle. We are now able to go on unimproved/unmaintained service roads in MT, and CO to do hiking and photography. The gas mileage is much better than expected. We have never gotten less than 20mpg, over the road I get 24+, and of course my wife gets 26+. She just has a gentler right foot. Its getting to the point now that if I want some "Jeep" time I might have to get one for myself. We are thinking of getting small trailer, and heading up to Alaska in 2010.

Love the Sahara
By Dan on 08/02/09 14:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my first Sahara in 1998. I Put 100,000 miles on it with no major problems. Just bought a 2009 2dr Sahara...absolutely LOVE IT! I must admit I test drove other SUV's before making my purchase. The others just don't compare. The Sahara is solid, rides great, is quiet (with hardtop) and is a very reliable, fun vehicle to own! (and, if you have to, you can go wherever you want!)

Just a kittle more power please
By Daved on 07/05/09 18:42 PM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I planned on buying a base Wrangler X and tricking it out myself. My wife talked me out of it a said to get a 2dr Sahara. Thankfully I listened to her. The convenience features are great. The ride is good and the quality is among the best vehicles I've owned. The freedom top is easy to use. I had the Dual Top Group and have no intention of using the soft top. I sold the soft top to purchase a Banks Cold Air Intake and Cat-back Exhaust. Hopefully, this will add some much needed power. I would buy another one in a heartbeat and recommend it to anyone that is looking to add some fun to their daily drive. I had no idea this much fun could be had on four wheels.

Rocky Mountain Wrangler
By JetMech on 02/24/09 02:46 AM (PST)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I recently purchased a orange 2009 Sahara 2dr hardtop. It is loaded with all the goodies that make driving fun and comfortable. It is very quiet even at highway speeds and free of rattles and squeaks. Handling is good and it has a very tight turning radius, the ride can be a little choppy at times. The auto trans/eng combo works well, smooth shifting and adequate power along with 20 mpg economy. The exterior.... Awesome! The interior... Is somewhat unrefined with a lot of hard plastic, the seats are very comfortable. The climate control works well as does the my gig system, all of the controls are easy to use and the instrument panel is easy to read. I really enjoy driving my wrangler, it rocks!

AWESOME!
By Blake on 02/09/09 12:45 PM (PST)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this Jeep about 2 weeks ago and I love it. It handles great on and off road and the soft top is much quieter than I expected. My wife and I hit some trails this past weekend and this thing is unstoppable. We covered lots of mud and rocks and it never even slipped. My only complaint so far is the operation of the soft top. It comes off fairly easily, but getting it back up was tough, though not as bad as I have heard some say. Bottom line: the Wrangler jk is awesome!

Love my new Jeep Wrangler
By kentkpa on 12/24/08 14:34 PM (PST)

2009 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've always wanted a Jeep Wrangler but never could quite justify not having the ever so practical and boring sedan. Finally took the plunge in 11/2008 and WOW! To think that I could have been having fun in this vehicle years ago! Not only is it fun to drive and will go anywhere, its a real head turner. I still have a sedan for work but when I really want to drive instead of commute - I take my Jeep. Like the title of this review says, "Love my new Jeep"!!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Jeep Wrangler Suv in VA is:

$111 per month*