2008 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: Worst of 6

2008 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Review

Worst of 6
By Dan on

2008 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My 6th Wrangler. 5th new one, bought on 10/10/07 in Barberton, Ohio. Love the Wrangler vehicle, but this one does not compare to my other ones. Body style is awesome and comfortability is fine. Problem is the clutch is going out. Never had it off road and I've driven a standard shift my entire life, so I know how to drive one. Took it to the dealer yesterday and the tech told me it was the bearing that pushes in on the clutch was rusting. Causing the bearing not to spin properly. Touch the clutch pedal and the squealing stops. They ordered the part and said I could get it put in next Wed or Thur. Then the service writer called me back and said it was not covered under warranty.

Top is not as easy to take down as the earlier models. You can't put a toneau on without taking the top frame off. Interior panels scratch too easy too.

Use a decent quality clutch and parts. Put better interior panels in. Move the odometer reset button. It sits behind the wiper lever.