Why did I wait to buy such a great Jeep!
By Nothing better on
2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)
I had reservations on buying a Wrangler after reading the "expert reviews". But I always wanted a Wrangler- and after seeing the 2008 2 Dr Sahara- I had to buy one! I never even test drove one...now I have driven it nearly 5,000 miles- including a 1,500 mile trip over the Smokey Mountains w/ ave of 21 MPG and as high as 23. I know perfomance is not of my Hemi Ram, or Corvette...but better than my Tahoe or Saturn Ion. I expected comments on it's great looking exterior- but nearly everyone remarks on how "nice" the interior is appointed... The ride is very smooth on interstates-seats are very firm and supportive...cannot wait for summer to take the "tops off"! Why did I wait to buy this Jeep!
Favorite Features
It puts "fun" back into driving! A very compact 4x4 vehicle that I can drive down a narrow lane to my cabin in the woods..or take off across country on interstates and enjoy a great trip. Other Jeep owners always wave when they meet you...and ask and compare to their Jeeps- fun!
Suggested Improvements
The dual top are hard to store- the "case" is kinda expensive. Mirrors need heated, and remote. The rear wiper limits rear views. Instead of 6 bolts- do easy clamps that allow faster removal of hard top. Front fenders allow mud to throw up on front bumper. Redesign rear speaker to remove seat easier