2008 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: There is no Beef

2008 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Review

X Convertible SUV (3.8L V6 4x4 6-speed Manual)

There is no Beef
By ninjask8ter on

2008 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I Just bought the new 08 x Wrangler as well. I've owned previous wranglers, but since they stopped making the Sport, my only option that was similar was the X Model. I must concur with the other person who rated this vehicle. I definitely notice the difference between the 4.0 and 3.8. The Jeep is perfect except for the power! Fuel economy will never be good for a Jeep, but theres a give and take. It is very slow starting out, and the six speed manual forces you to change gears more often, at slower speeds. I do hope they go back to the 4.0 liter, and I'm sure I will upgrade to the newer model if they did this. I wouldn't be able to switch out the motor on my own, because of the warranty

The new body style is definitely awesome, large tires and ground clearance as well. Additionally the lifetime powertrain warranty is a good thing, because I'm sure that 3.8 wouldn't last a lifetime. This only vehicle that looks better than this jeep is the Rubicon (also 3.8).

More power absolutely. Its just slow with the 3.8. My previous 2004 was just fine with a 4.0. The interior is missing that nice compartment in front of the shifter where you could put change, and the cup holders kind of suck. The entire cup holder, armrest module should be a little larger.