2008 Jeep Wrangler 3.8L V6 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - I Won't Miss It

2008 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Review

Unlimited Sahara Convertible SUV (3.8L V6 6-speed Manual)

I Won't Miss It
By MyMistake on

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my Jeep Saraha Unlimited in August of '08. I traded my Honda Ridgeline because I wanted to drive American. Big mistake! The Jeep is very underpowered. If I even tow an empty 5x8 enclosed trailer, I know it is there. When I tow a single Waverunner the Jeep struggles and revs excessively. It is a good off road vehicle, if that is what you are looking for. I have had Jeeps before and this one was an improvement in areas like ride and interior comfort. Keep in mind that even with the longer wheelbase, the ride is still that of a Jeep. It is a lot of work to take it on a trip of 300 miles of more. It is affected by small amounts of wind and the interior is noisy. Not recommended by me.

Favorite Features

Navigation, remote starter, and trade in value. Some how they do retain their value very well. I also liked the three piece removable top.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy and performance need improved, but that would require a dramatic design change. When you have a rectangular box on top of a rectangular box you can't really expect fuel economy!