Water Leaks But Otherwise a Good Vehicle
By Bayrat on
2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)
I love Jeeps, have owned them for years and find this one to be much "better" or more well rounded than previous models. The power of the V6 is barely adequate but with the stick it does OK. Not sure how one would do with less than the 4.11 gears in mine. Fit and finish is good, the paint is flawless. The seats are comfortable for my bad back, large enough to use my portable lumbar support. It rides better than previous models and handles well too, given it is built primarily for an off-road vehicle. Soccer moms, forget it, you would not find the rough ride is a good replacement for your Lincoln Navigator. The only problem I have had and continue to have is hardtop leaks.
Favorite Features
I love the Wrangler, instant convertible or hardtop. This vehicle is rugged, none better if you like this type of rig. It handles well for what it is too. I am impressed by the traction control, hardly every use four wheel drive on the road since it is so good in rear wheel drive.
Suggested Improvements
Could use a better top seal system to prevent water leaks. Suggest going back to the one-piece hardtop. Definitely needs a small V8, a HEMI conversion is 20K! Customer service could be better, the consumer line in India is a bit much. Still, despite its pitfalls, I love my Wrangler.