Performance and Value
By 95yj08jk on
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)
I purchased my 2008 Wrangler 4-dr X new in December 2008 after trading a Chrysler minivan for it. This is the fourth Jeep I have purchased in the past 15 years and I have to say that I love the new 4-door option. Compared to my wife's Grand Cherokee it's just as roomy and a lot more stylish, it's the icon of the Jeep lineup. Though the Grand Cherokee rides and drives better, the performance between the two is comparable. I overall average 23 MPG with mostly highway driving and the 6- speed manual transmission. I do have a K&N filter and run premium unleaded. In the past year I have put over 24,000 miles on the Jeep and have zero issues, tire rotations and oil changes are the only maintenance.
Favorite Features
Love the new soft top design, goes up and down really easily. Soft top is quiet, but the hard top is better for highway speeds and cold weather. Fuel economy is good, better than most other SUV's on the market. Cargo area is large enough for me to take a family of 4 on vacation with all our stuff.
Suggested Improvements
A little padding on the doors and console would be nice, as on long trips the hard plastic does become a little uncomfortable. There are aftermarket accessories which fix that, should be standard. Beyond that, keep up the good work Jeep engineers and I'll buy another one when I wear this one out!