2008 Jeep Wrangler 3.8L V6 4x4 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Nothing quite like a Jeep

2008 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Review

2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Sahara Convertible SUV (3.8L V6 4x4 6-speed Manual)

Nothing quite like a Jeep
By Sparky on

2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

OK, to start off let me say I'm a foreign car guy. Ever since my first experience with taking my 1995 Dodge to the shop on a weekly basis it's been nothing but imports. That being said, this is the best product Jeep has put out in quite some time (but don't forget those beautiful little words–Lifetime Powertrain Warranty). I have 2500 miles on my 2 Dr Sahara so far and it is rock solid. No squeaks, rattles, in fact the ride is nothing short of spectacular for a vehicle with it's suspension type and the short wheelbase. Sure, it's not Lexus quiet, but that's not what you're buying. There is high speed wind noise and you aren’t going to win any road races, but that shouldn't be expected here.

Favorite Features

It's a Jeep - not a Honda, or a Kia, or a Toyota. The MyGig infotainment system is one of the best on the market (IMHO). To have this as an option in a Wrangler is crazy. Just get it; you won't be disappointed. Add to that, topless driving and that it will easily climb a wall and you have a winner!

Suggested Improvements

As in every case with trucks - a more powerful, fuel efficient engine would be nice; the interior center stack covering materials could stand to be upgraded; lots of unused space on the shifter hump that should be converted into storage. How about a "manlier" shift handle - maybe with a Jeep logo?