Jeep J-J-Jeep
By ScottR on
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)
As soon as Jeep came out with the Unlimited (4-door) Wranglers, I knew I wanted one. I only have 2000 miles on it so far and can't really comment on reliability (been great so far!). Otherwise I love it! Design gets all 10s from me -- from the outside in, it's a Jeep! And the drivetrain seems to be as solid as they claim. Love the freedom tops. Sound system is much better than older Wranglers. Road noise with the hard top is not bad, which surprised me. Handles well on highway at 80+ MPH, which is also surprising (though it wanders a bit). I'm a big guy, and interior is very comfortable for me. Fuel economy? I gave it a 10 because it meets my expectations. It's a Jeep, not a Toyota.
Favorite Features
Appearance, ground clearance, MyGig/Nav (tho MP3 needs improvement), Freedom Tops, 4-doors, suspension. Hmmm, everything except below.
Suggested Improvements
Two things come to mind: I would have paid more for a V8 or a Hemi, no question. No option, though. The MyGig MP3 player interface needs tweaking. Sometimes it "crashes" and won't play anything until I turn car off and on. Sorting is bad (songs sorted my name, not Artist-Album-Name). Annoying.