2008 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: I got what I bought!

2008 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Review

Sahara Convertible SUV (3.8L V6 4x4 6-speed Manual)

I got what I bought!
By Boston Bill on

2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is the first Jeep I have owned. I had a salesman who told me that I was buying a fun vehicle that would keep me smiling and enjoying the outdoors and the kids would never want to get out of it. It was not for commuting or long trips. He told me it would be noisy on the highway because of the flat front and box design, it would be bouncy and not great on gas mileage. He has been right on all fronts. I did not go out to buy an economy car, a smooth ride or fancy interior. Thats not what Jeep is offering.

Very pleased with the seats, around town driving is smooth and the engine is quit(I have the standard. Height of Jeep (kids love sitting up high). The sound system is great. Heater is better than I though it would be. Controls easy to use with standard.

Extend rain gutters so water does not enter cabin. Either the glove box or console should come standard with a lock. Console should be higher and more forward or ona slide.