2008 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: I got my Jeep back!

2008 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Review

I got my Jeep back!
By ownedseveral on

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned several Jeeps. A 94 Cherokee and 97 TJ Wrangler. After a brief and dull experience with a Chrysler Town and Country minivan, I got my Jeep back. Yes, everything about the Jeep is, well, Jeepish. I have the hard top model so wind noise is not that much of a big deal and I like the fact that I can take the front panels off on a nice day. They are light and easy. On a rainy day I have seen the top leak once and after reseating it not more leaks. I have the manual 6 speed so power is not that much of an issue. Get the power and door lock option if you have a child. My wife hates that we did not get this option.

Fun factor. You can strip everything off on a nice day and hit the trails. I like being part of the Jeep family and most members will help you out with anything.

Engine power. Hard top needs improvement in the rain. When the door is opened the rain is channeled right into the interior.