Finally got my Jeep
By rapsoda65 on
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)
Wanted a Jeep CJ back in the day, got married and never got one. Now she's gone and I got my Jeep. Most fun I've ever had in a car. 2 weeks ago took it out with the top down for the first time, can't wait for summer. Comfy ride for a Jeep. Handles better than I expected for an SUV, and this is not my first SUV. Gas mileage is about what EPA rating says it is. Looks good outside and in, but interior needs a little work. Odd placement of window cranks and center dash console has too sharp an edge at the drivers knee. Center arm rest could be higher. Seating position and seats are comfortable.
Favorite Features
Top down driving with the soft top. Doesn't leak, even in a car wash. Seating position is upright, very nice seats. Fun to drive with manual tranny, always easy to find the right gear. Extremely cool with top off, stand-out vehicle driving down the road. Off road legend is well deserved.
Suggested Improvements
Positioning of window cranks and center dash stack is right at the drivers knees. Could use a bit more power. Top could be easier to put down and a lot easier to put up. Center storage/ arm rest could be positioned a little higher. Better drip edge on soft top, rain drips in when doors are opened.