2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Jeepin' Fun
By Jeepin Fun on 10/07/08 18:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Besides the horrible experience with the dealership, we found others now, we love our rig. Bought it in Feb. "08 and put into storage in Washington with 1234 miles. Bought a home in Vegas, fly back, picked it up, loaded it and a 6x12x6 ft cargo trailer and headed back to Vegas. I did change the oil and checked it over before we left. No trouble at all coming back! I shifted down manually a lot of the time to keep rpm up as with OD off, (it just didn't down shift early enough) and it pulled every mountain pass doing the speed limit with No problems. Need to mention the trailer was loaded to the limits too! What a rig. Two and a half days! I'm fighting blood clots, so we had to stop a lot. Love it!

We've come home
By Todd L on 10/06/08 17:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

We rented a Jeep Wrangler X when we were vacationing in Maui and came home and bought one. We had owned a CJ5 about 20 years ago before we started having kids. We had so much fun with the Wrangler on the Road to Hana as it took every curve and hill with ease that it reminded us just what we loved about having a jeep. This one definitely has a better heater/AC than the CJ (thank goodness) and handles great. All we own if 4x4's but the jeep handles so much better than our trucks. Thanks goodness we rented one and rediscovered what a joy it is.

Tank of the road
By dave on 10/01/08 17:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This truck is great. With the right tires its great driving in all weather. Goes through everything with ease. Its the perfect truck for WNY weather. Snow driving couldn't be more fun. Road noise and wind noise are bad but it is a box. Awesome off road truck. Nice cause it can fit in small areas. Real easy to see all the way around the truck. Great breaks. No complaints other than noise and fuel mileage. Its a babe magnet. LOL

It's a lemon
By jiminma on 09/28/08 18:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My driver's side door latch keeps coming loose and making a clunking sound when I go over even the smallest of bumps. The dealer has repaired it 5 times and the noise came back again. I'm in the process of taking the car to Lemon law arbitration to force the dealer to give me my money back. Jim in MA

Even better than expected.
By C.J. on 09/26/08 18:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased an X model with the 24S option package that provides better off road capability than the Sahara while giving up very little of the convenience and none of the comfort. I added rock rails to protect the underside of the body's rocker area. Options include the wonderful Freedom top, automatic transmission, Sirius radio, Side air bags and fog lights. Compared to the previous iterations of the Wrangler, the new JK series is vastly better in terms of quiet and ride isolation. If you've own an older Wrangler, you will be astounded at the refinement of the JK inside and out, on road and off road. Fuel mileage around town is 16 mpg, while getting a surprising 25+ mpg highway.

A Fun vehicle
By deltadawn on 09/23/08 11:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

2008 JK is very much improved, from previous models .It rides much better than YJ and TJ's. The only bad thing is you can't reach the back seat.It could use a little more power, but nothing is perfect. I have an X and it's the most affordable SUV on the planet. It also comes with a lifetime warranty, which isn't bad either. No other vehicle can you personalize like a jeep wrangler.

1st Jeep Owner
By Mike on 09/21/08 14:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first jeep. I love it. Highly recommend it. I drove my first one on vacation as a rental in St Martin and immediately came home and traded in my Dodge Ram for a 2008 soft top.

Loving It
By Gary on 09/19/08 19:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this car in June. Had an '89 Wrangler when younger. Traded in my Acura TL and don't regret it for a minute. I was concerned with build and reliability after reading reviews, but so far so good. Jeep is just awesome in the summer months. Definitely get the soft and hard top. Ride is great. Our kids go crazy for this car. My neighbor bought one last week because they loved it so much. You must learn the Jeep wave if you are a first time owner!

What's ya'll problem!
By AHM on 09/16/08 19:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Everyone is complaining about leaks. Well the only leakage is on 4 door, sundowner tops 2 or 4 and hard tops. I bought a 2008 X w/auto, a/c with standard top. No leaks! Only two pain in the behind areas are the weather stripping on top on opposing corners that come flying off, and the front passenger seat that does not slide froward enough to access back seat. Mileage is good,18 around town and 21 hwy. Not a racer, just a regular ole hippie/biker guy. Performance is adequate, ride is comfy and handling is pretty darn good. Turning radius is outstanding. Yes there is some wind noise, but it is a rag top. What other vehicle gives ya'll as much fun, reliability, and enjoyment for 21 grand.

malfunction already
By joanie on 09/16/08 06:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

first my jeep popped out of gear sitting still and yes it was in first gear that was last week, now the malfunction light won't go off says maybe fuel or gas caps, checked both of those?

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Suv in WA is:

$140 per month*